Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JS Bragg
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are the best as always. Thank you very much for all you do for gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
Australia
Bunbury
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey —

The reprint of problematic cards is great news.

Is there any possibility that international backers could get the update pack next time we buy a Stonemaier game from you?

I’m very unlikely to buy anything from Meeplesource, especially given shipping to Australia. On the other hand, I know I will be buying from you in the future, especially as I’m a champion and I know you’re working on ways to reduce Australian shipping costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Doguet
France
SAINT SYLVAIN
SEINE MARITIME
flag msg tools
Unaware... Really ?
badge
In case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening and good night !
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone.

I have to say that it's the first time I order from Stonemaier Games - because of Wingspan's excellent reviews - and I'm as eager to get the game as grateful to Mr Jamey for the utmost attention he pays to us gamers.

Thank you very much indeed, sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey, you're awesome. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Dando
msg tools
Jamey,

Mistakes happen in life, it's how you deal with them that makes a difference. You've been open and honest in your communication and come up with a great solution (at your expense) which should mean that everyone has the game as you intended with minimal fuss for the customer. Fantastic example of excellent customer care, I only wish other companies like CMON would follow your example.

Thanks

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exemplary customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph K
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the first run of the German version also feature the duplicate artwork and incorrect descriptions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
badshave wrote:
Will the first run of the German version also feature the duplicate artwork and incorrect descriptions?

I have the same question but for the French version by Matagot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Croft
United States
Smithfield
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey, appreicate the update pack. Until it arrives I shall try to use the photographer card to my advantage, before the truth gets found out with the update
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José M. Pérez
Puerto Rico
Utuado/San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mb
Great!! This is the way you treat fans! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Is there any possibility that international backers could get the update pack next time we buy a Stonemaier game from you?"

The answer at this point is "maybe." That does seem like an easy way to ship them. At the same time, by the time the expansion comes out, we might be 4 printings into Wingspan, so those cards could cause more confusion than intended. Also, I have no way of listing a $0 item on Shopify.

"Will the first run of the German/French version also feature the duplicate artwork and incorrect descriptions?"

The translators were instrumental in catching many of these errors (it was just too late for the first printing by that point). So while there might be 2 or 3 minuscule errors in the localized versions, it's nowhere close to the English first printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gilpin
Canada
Alliston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All I can say is this, Jamey: that's a pretty sneaky way to create a collectible edition of a game. And then to pretend that those "mistakes" were "accidents"? Brilliant!

Now I'm especially glad I ordered 2 copies. The later printings may be "perfect", but as we know from stamp collecting, it's those errors that make a product truly collectible.

Looking forward to playing one copy and obsessively hoarding the other and watching its value soar on eBay!

Thank you as always, Jamey.

Andrew Gilpin

P.S. If it isn't clear that my message was entirely in jest, here's the obligatory winky face:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittre
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistakes happen. You are handling it very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittre
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha...that is pretty Brilliant!

Well, at least you can say you have the first addition, rare copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bock
United States
Ingleside
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for setting an example of how publishers should respond. Bravo, sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

I sometimes wonder at the sense of entitlement and urge for recompense in some folks, when their boardgame does not meet their own standards of perfection. I feel especially sorry when Jamey is the target of such dissatisfaction and I often wonder if it his good natured honesty and willingness to help his customers which is being exploited more than other game publishers would normally be. In this particular instance, Jamey has published a wonderful new game which can be played straight out of the box as it is, over and over again, and with no adverse play issues, when judged by normal standards of reasonableness.

Whilst I'm pleased to hear that the misplaced finch illustration and the known spelling mistakes will be resolved for others in future printings, I believe that Jamey has exceeded all normal expectations in offering to supply reprinted cards for existing customers at his own expense. I trust that this costly experience will not cause him to stall over imaginative new projects or set an unhealthy precedent in respect of future Stonemaier publications. Perhaps it might be possible when ordering the replacement cards, to submit a donation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christi K
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
"Is there any possibility that international backers could get the update pack next time we buy a Stonemaier game from you?"

The answer at this point is "maybe." That does seem like an easy way to ship them. At the same time, by the time the expansion comes out, we might be 4 printings into Wingspan, so those cards could cause more confusion than intended. Also, I have no way of listing a $0 item on Shopify.

I've seen other companies offer things for $0.01 to get around this on Shopify. It isn't exactly free but nearly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Were there any options local to Canadian customers? I think BoardGameBliss has worked with Jamey in the past?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheeseburger wrote:
Were there any options local to Canadian customers? I think BoardGameBliss has worked with Jamey in the past?

I checked MeepleSource's shipping prices, and for small items like stickers, etc. they're about $6-8 U.S. to Canada, so shipping to us for these cards shouldn't be too bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
Cheeseburger wrote:

I checked MeepleSource's shipping prices, and for small items like stickers, etc. they're about $6-8 U.S. to Canada, so shipping to us for these cards shouldn't be too bad.

Good to know. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kas Ismail
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey, as someone who has a few of Stonemaier Games'games in his personal top 10 of all time, I have to say that I'm always impressed with the attention to detail, care, and presentation of your company's products.

I'm consistently impressed by your candor, your willingness to speak with the customer/fanbase, and engage even when there is a disagreement. You've normally done so with professionalism, grace, and a light-hearted attitude.

This speaks volumes to me, in a time when the internet can be filled with all sorts of vitriol and anger over sometimes even minor things, your good natured attitude and appreciation of those who spend their hard earned money on your products does not go unnoticed.

Thank you for owning up to the problems that have been experienced in this game (which I am wanting to try the more I hear about it), it takes strength of character to own up to something like this.

When someone is willing to admit something is wrong and own up to it, most people will be willing to trust that person more and a lot more willing to forgive.

This goes far in keeping me as a loyal customer and someone who will continue to support your business for the long haul, not just because of the great products, but because of the great people behind it. I always enjoy your Twitter thoughts and deep questions you sometimes raise about human behavior as well as your awesome youtube channel dedicated to helping those in the hobby.

Thank you Jamey for keeping it real........fun! I hope you have a blessed day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
Australia
Bunbury
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Could you list them for $0.01 or something with a very clear note that these are simply cards that correct errors in the first edition of the game?

OR

Don't list them on the shop at all and allow people for whom Meeplesource is going to be a shipping cost issue to simply mention it in their shipping details or via an email when the time comes.

I don't want to be annoying or ungrateful, because I really appreciate all that you do -- I just hope that there's a way for us that doesn't cost you too much extra work. As it is, some of us paid $40USD shipping for Wingspan already, and it looks like Meeplesource would charge $7.20 (based on the Scythe Bonus Promo Pack) shipping costs).

I don't buy expansions anymore (too many base games in my collection that don't get played enough as it is), so I'd probably just wait till some other Stonemaier game is released. I'm in no rush. Perhaps the cards can arrive as a happy little extra when I order CHARTERSTONE II: THE GHOST OF THE FOREVER KING in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
Australia
Bunbury
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
Cheeseburger wrote:

It's not bank-breaking, that's for sure, but for those of us in Australia and places like it -- when you've already recoiled, calmed down a bit, grit your teeth , closed your eyes, and hit purchase next to a $40USD shipping cost for the original game.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Perhaps it might be possible when ordering the replacement cards, to submit a donation?"

James, I appreciate that, though I wouldn't be comfortable accepting payment for our mistake. Though if you want to make a purchase from Meeplesource or BGE when you order the pack from them, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

"Could you list them for $0.01 or something with a very clear note that these are simply cards that correct errors in the first edition of the game?"

Mike, I didn't think about that, but I like that idea, especially if tied to a specific Wingspan expansion preorder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Chang
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve preordered my copy from my FLGS in Australia (due in March). I assume that will be a first printing. Is there a way to tell prior to opening the box?

Also to the Australian’s amongst us, perhaps there is a way we can do a bulk order to Australia and then split the shipping costs. Re-posting the cards domestically within Australia should be significantly cheaper than if we all ordered direct from the US or UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] |