Wingspan» Forums » General

Subject: Official Stonemaier Games Response to Wingspan Typos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skazz of Discworld
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
"Perhaps it might be possible when ordering the replacement cards, to submit a donation?"

James, I appreciate that, though I wouldn't be comfortable accepting payment for our mistake. Though if you want to make a purchase from Meeplesource or BGE when you order the pack from them, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

"Could you list them for $0.01 or something with a very clear note that these are simply cards that correct errors in the first edition of the game?"

Mike, I didn't think about that, but I like that idea, especially if tied to a specific Wingspan expansion preorder.

I like that a lot. If I would known that at some point I will get the corrected cards I think I can wait for this until the expansion comes out.

The game is really outstanding. After playing it for the first time somehow I felt like just having a delicious cup of tea, compared to many other games that just feel like Coke, beer or whiskey. I hope you know what I mean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador C. Majoral

Argentona, Barcelona, Catalonia
msg tools
mb
When the third print is out, will there be a way to distinguish it from the outside (in the store, without opening the box)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty Craine
United States
Linden
Michigan
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/themillshow
badge
Me
mbmbmbmbmb
salva wrote:
When the third print is out, will there be a way to distinguish it from the outside (in the store, without opening the box)?
The answer I've read is 'No', but it seems a lot has been in flux lately, so don't take it as gospel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Canadians get screwed

Great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually liked the "broken" Photographer goal. It forces you to make a gamble. Do you keep 2-3 birds and score the easy points, or gamble that you'll be able to get enough for the higher points, and risk loosing the easy points if you don't make it? I'd like to see an expansion have goal cards with gaps like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"When the third print is out, will there be a way to distinguish it from the outside (in the store, without opening the box)?"

Dusty is correct--you won't know other than by the timing of when you get your copy. If you get it in March or earlier, it's a first-run copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lizakova: That's actually how we've been playing it, and it's why I didn't even notice it until someone else mentioned it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rakstad
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
"Just out of curiousity, how did people know that the sandpiper was supposed to be 5 pts instead of 4?"

Someone in the Facebook group found a bird that was almost identical mechanically to the Sandpiper. He asked Elizabeth about the point difference, and she realized that there was a small mistake in her master spreadsheet (just for the Sandpiper). I'm pretty amazed that they noticed it--I think it easily could have gone unnoticed forever.

I hope you have them on your shortlist for future playtesters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to track them down!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven St. John
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I need to track them down!

Track down those eagle-eyed proofreaders like a hawk!

(Trying to stay on topic...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this, Jamey. It’s all really appreciated.

Is there any way for us to tell what print run a box will come from so that we can know in the game store if it is going to have the cards with errors or not? I don’t know if you can do that, but it would be nice to know ahead of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4edges wrote:
Thanks for this, Jamey. It’s all really appreciated.

Is there any way for us to tell what print run a box will come from so that we can know in the game store if it is going to have the cards with errors or not? I don’t know if you can do that, but it would be nice to know ahead of time.

Oh, I see that the question was answered. I was hoping there would be a way to tell with barcode numbers or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I G: We've already gone to print with the second and third printings, and the boxes are identical. The main difference is the timing--if you have your copy of Wingspan by the end of March or earlier, you know it's a first-run copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seth van orden
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Incomplete Descriptions
• Rodentologist (bonus card): missing clarification about rodent-specific food costs

Thanks Jamey!

According to this BGG thread

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/30998679#30998679

this might need to change wording that would functionally change it, or it would need to have the percentage also change.

I've not done the counting myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Seth!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkyX wrote:
Canadians get screwed

Great

Might cancel my pre-order and wait for the second print run. I hate doing that though, especially as I just recently did it with my last pre-order (which was my first time ever doing it).

Any chance we can get some shipped to a place like Boardgamebliss in Canada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, as of this afternoon, we've collaborated with 401 Games in Canada to handle this. Though even if Meeplesource was handling it, Canadians wouldn't get "screwed"--they ship pretty effectively to Canada. Let's be constructive, not hateful. We're not out to screw anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Yatsco
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey...looking forward to ordering wingspan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Actually, as of this afternoon, we've collaborated with 401 Games in Canada to handle this. Though even if Meeplesource was handling it, Canadians wouldn't get "screwed"--they ship pretty effectively to Canada. Let's be constructive, not hateful. We're not out to screw anyone.

I've ordered directly from Meeplesource many times with no issues and fantastic service!

401 is also awesome and yet another 'over and above' and 1st Class gesture by Jamey and Stonemaier games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Watson
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! Not only great games, but great service. Thanx for existing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Webb
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Bravo Jamey, wonderful service, companies like WizKids should take note

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Az Drummond
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really a fantastic response and level of detail. Kudos to Jamey and the entire development team.

Az
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
James, I appreciate that, though I wouldn't be comfortable accepting payment for our mistake.
Yes, but in this particular instance none of your customers have suffered any tangible loss as a result of your 'mistake'. I can therefore only admire your patience and resolve, which again seem to exceed all reasonable expectations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tonester W
Canada
Bradford
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2d20 wrote:
jameystegmaier wrote:

I've ordered directly from Meeplesource many times with no issues and fantastic service!

401 is also awesome and yet another 'over and above' and 1st Class gesture by Jamey and Stonemaier games!

Agreed! Ive bought from meeplesource before as well and everything was fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodro CC
Colombia
Bogotá
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the main edition of the game is the English version, will these typos appear in the editions in other languages?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [13] |