United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"When should I start to look for a copy (2nd or 3rd printing) from my local FLGS?"

The second printing should arrive in stores in early April, and the third printing should arrive in stores in early May.

"Will there be an opportunity to purchase additional eggs as a standalone component?"

Yes, we'll put some on our website soon, and we'll add more from the stash of replacement parts we'll get from the 2nd and 3rd printings. It's also very likely that we'll include new colors of eggs in expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffary Sonnentag
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Jamie...just want to say awesome game and the minor errors are palatable (not excused) in a first print run...don’t beat your self up over this , “it takes a village” to produce a great game and what you have here in my opinion is something special. I can’t get my wife to play most engine building games but this is one she requests.. 5 plays in 2 days!
Anyhow as far as incomplete descriptions go ... shouldn’t the Greater Road Runner, Golden Eagle, Great Horned Owl and Peregrine Falcon also have the “ If not Discard it” phrase added? They have the same activation power only at a different wingspan.

Keep up the great work
Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jeff! You are correct about those birds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not seeing where to get the replacement pack on Meeplesource. Can someone please help and provide a link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Life is not a game - games are life.
badge
You learn more about a person in an hour of gaming than you do in a year of conversation.
mbmbmbmbmb
jgortner wrote:
I am not seeing where to get the replacement pack on Meeplesource. Can someone please help and provide a link?
Chill out, man. It's not even been printed yet! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Justin: I'll post links to the cards much closer to when they're available. It's going to take a few months to print and ship them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gehling
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only been able to play my copy once so far, though hopefully this weekend will be the second time! I had no idea there were typos, didn't hurt my gameplay at all. Thanks, as usual, for doing this Jamey. You guys rock. And if you need more people to proofread stuff I'd be glad to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrik J
Germany
flag msg tools
I get really impatient while playing board games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will other language editions for example the German one from Feuerland contain these errors, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karmatic wrote:
Will other language editions for example the German one from Feuerland contain these errors, too?

Some of the mistakes where caught during translations and so those should be fixed in other language editions. Other than that, I think it's the local partners who make the call on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The links for the update packs are now live:

Meeplesource (US)
Board Game Extras (Europe)
401 Games (Canada)
Guf (Australia)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therese Ryttar
Sweden
Borlänge
kullholen@gmail.com
flag msg tools
It's just a ride
mbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Meeplesource (US)
401 Games (Canada)
Guf (Australia)

In case of Brexit happens, will there be another store in Europe to order the cards from so we (who still are inside EU) don't need to pay import fees to get the replacement cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps. For now, I'd recommend not waiting to order the update pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron watkins
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Meeplesource (US)
401 Games (Canada)
Guf (Australia)

Thanks for the update; just ordered mine along with a Downfall of Pompeii upgrade kit. I have been waiting for a good reason to order that one .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therese Ryttar
Sweden
Borlänge
kullholen@gmail.com
flag msg tools
It's just a ride
mbmbmb
Another question. I ordered two preorder copies of Wingspan, but I'm only allowed to order one copy of the update pack. I mailed Board Game Extras and ask if I could get to order two utdate packs (one each for my two games), but they said that they aren't allowed to send two due to restrictions from you.

Could it be fixed with something like that if I mail Board Game Extras a copy of my Wingspan-order showing that I did buy two preorder copies of Wingspan, then they are allowed so send me two copies of the update pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Therese: I'll clarify that with BGE, as exceptions are allowed for people who bought more than one copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saul Thurrowgood
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered my copy in Australia for 5 cents Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Franco
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Typos happen, but thank you for offering a fix for those who want it.

I'm an aspiring game designer, and I'm taking notes on how to treat customers right. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Doguet
France
SAINT SYLVAIN
SEINE MARITIME
flag msg tools
Unaware... Really ?
badge
In case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening and good night !
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-ordered ! Many thanks for this excellent service !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bukata
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this was said earlier and Im sure to get beat up for saying this but I bought the game direct from manufacturer and now I have to order from another company replacements?

If this was GMT games they would have handled this directly and saved the customer who ordered direct from the hassle. This is one of the main reasons I prefer to order direct and generally pay more for a product, its generally a type of insurance for some to order direct.

Dont get me wrong, I really appreciate a manufacturer stepping up and doing this but now I had to create a whole new account somewhere else.

Either way thank you for creating the mechanism.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David: If the replacement cards were a necessity, we would handle it directly. But they're not, so we're relying on some accommodating retailer partners to help service customers who want them.

You will not get beat up for your comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arduinceo wrote:
Not sure if this was said earlier and Im sure to get beat up for saying this but I bought the game direct from manufacturer and now I have to order from another company replacements?

If this was GMT games they would have handled this directly and saved the customer who ordered direct from the hassle. This is one of the main reasons I prefer to order direct and generally pay more for a product, its generally a type of insurance for some to order direct.

Dont get me wrong, I really appreciate a manufacturer stepping up and doing this but now I had to create a whole new account somewhere else.

Either way thank you for creating the mechanism.

I ordered mine from Meeplesource without needing to create an account. I just checked out as a guest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
It doesn't hurt to create an account at Meeplesource anyway. They have tons of cool stuff that you might end up wanting someday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rupert Cullum
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
feldfan2014 wrote:
It doesn't hurt to create an account at Meeplesource anyway. They have tons of cool stuff that you might end up wanting someday.

Someday like today !!!! I ordered my replacement cards and picked up a set of upgrade food tokens. Great way to drive sales for Meeplesource
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bukata
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pi-Shu
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey, David, Feld Fan, and Rupert thank you for your comments, all well stated and nothing I truly hadn't considered, I just suppose it gets frustrating opening more accounts thats all.

But like I said all excellent comments, I appreciate it (I will get over opening a new account and I agree someday it might be a place for me to get some goodies)

-dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Taber
United States
Bellefontaine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much! Got mine ordered!! Now just waiting for retail release to happen so my preorder can get shipped to me!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [13] |