1. If a biome has "any" as its preferred latitude, does a bloom affect it?
Yes, if it has a climate preference. Biomes like the Boreal Spruce Forest, which have no climate preference, are not directly affected by blooms.
2. Do wings allow a genotype to ignore displacement arrows during a move to a borderland? Normally, the arrows only affect movement to or from a borderland anyway, but can a genotype fly from Laramidia to the Tethys Ocean via the Epeiric Seaway and Appalachia? I assume not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
No. Borderlands aren't adjacent to anything except the areas connected to them by displacement arrows.
3. During migration, can an herbivore simply shift to the other slot within the same biome?
4. When biomes are displaced due to a greenhouse level shift, I assumed that only immigrant herbivores were carried along. Players' population tents remain in a possibly empty slot until Migration. True?
5. Are starting (sunburst) biomes with a specific location printed upon them affectied by "preferred latitude" events? For example, if "Gulf of Mexico W" is printed on the starting biome, does it grow during a tropical land bloom?
No. For all biomes, the starting latitude is not always the same as the preferred latitude. Preferred latitude is a latitude having a climate that matches the climate preference of the biome. Mediterranean Ammonites, for example, start in the Horse Latitudes but have a preferred climate of wetlands., so their preferred latitude is tropical.
6. After biomes are displaced due to a greenhouse level shift in the beginning of a turn, can a player express a genotype and replace a population tent that currently resides on an empty slot or a slot containing a biome with non-matching DNA printed on it? Then it must migrate or die, but it can be placed, right?
Sure. The only time you die from not matching the environment of your biome is during the herbivore cull phase.