Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
I was really tickled by the Montgomery Montgomery reveal. Thanks, Madeline!

I assigned everyone characters before the game started, and you were Dr. Monty. But then I thought you were RPing as Charlie Bau based on your early posts, so I made murph Monty. But turns out you were Monty all along!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
dejo, what was the goodish thing you saw from Felice? I was assuming you had picked up on something Violet-ish that I had missed, and set out to refognize that. Pity we crossed signals here. Hazard of a VIP game, I guess.

Rhanddom wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:
All right, I'll take a risk here and [vote Felice]. It's not her vote on me that grates. It's the half-absence. Absence is a thing that happens; half-absence is a choice.

So either you didn't see what I saw regarding Felice or you disagree.
I just don't know. Like, that's stuff I could lay down, too, you know? And now you're putting it out there in the open. So I don't know what to do with that.

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing or not. But the reason I think Felice is good isn't one I'd buy from you I don't think. But I buy it from her.
Oh. Well. That's all right, then.

[vote Dupree] let's find out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dusk

"The fortune," Mr. Poe's secretary hissed, as he paced in front of the bank vault.

"Ah, yes." He sneezed. "The fortune. Ahem, it cannot be accessed until Violet comes of age, which will not be for several years. Despite the rapid tragedies she has sustained aging her briefly, I'm sure her emotional maturity is quite astute."

"So...what's in there?"

"Paperwork! Loans, deeds, IOUs, legally-binding wills...You know. There's a lot that Mulctuary Money Management has to be responsible for."

"Can I see?"

"Um, sure! I must warn you a lot of people find this boring though."

"Well, they're just plebians."

"Yes, yes, I quite agree. Right this way." As Mr. Poe stepped into the vault, he realized that the face confronting him was not his secretary, new or old.

It was much too late to do anything about that, however, as the door slammed behind him, trapping him inside.

Dawn

If you have ever driven a car, you will know that it brings a great many perils, among them the terror of operating a large and dangerous vehicle, the ennui that accompanies making even a slight contribution to pollution, the frustration at menial drones in the departments of motor vehicles not being remotely helpful, and the loud beeping noises that come from automated sensor systems that attempt to tell you when something is crossing behind you and instead are just annoying. These are only a few of the dangers that await legally licensed learners of cars, and do not include the problems that a juvenile might face operating a car on her own, such as being caught without documentation, or being too short to benefit from the protection of airbags.

Fortunately for Violet Baudelaire, she was not attempting to operate a motor vehicle. Unfortunately, she was trapped in the trunk of a moving vehicle controlled by a gang of unruly henchpeople, and among the warnings that the hook-handed man and his comrades had not been prepared for was the crunching sound that orphans make when their skull crushes the roof of the trunk after a large speed bump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fischer
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
Well played, Team Evil. Felice/backpacker, I presume?

sorry, no.
I'm always good whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So now for some explaining:

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:
I believe Dubs's Sorc claim.

I would consider it a grave ill if you did not.

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
Ok, I'm having a hard time seeing good Dubs here.

A ravelling approaches.

Vote DMD.

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
@ DMD: My angel rival, I tried to tell them.

Grave Ill = Villager

A Ravelling = Vanillager

Angel Rival = Vanillager

I was trying to rep Sorc D2, with a Villager clear on Korte, with the hopes we were lynching Wolf DMD, and that Korte and Rhand and Dejo and I would live to D3, because I found Rhand as good D2 and knew Dejo was good from D1 LC, and I hoped Rhand would recognize my telegraph, so he would keep up his Sorc read of me, while signaling to Dejo to trust me, and together they would help me confuse the Wolves, all the while signaling to everyone to play like Korte was a Villager or a Wolf, so Korte would get some votes, but not enough to be lynched, and would avoid the night kill.

You, uh, all picked up on that, right???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
BerenCamlost wrote:
DMDupree wrote:
Good game, guys! I never suspected Felice and murph tbh. I really thought Rhand and DUBS were the wolves until after my death

I really thought it was dubs and Korte.

Another time I think a GS is evil.

Good job Murph. I was picketed.

Thanks Madeleine! Great game! Can we have a continuation series?
I'm flattered, thanks! I've actually thought about it, and I think season 2 would be standard werewolf wincons but with items. (No hardcore physics, just passing stuff in Cassy.) eg. three indistinguishable herrings: one is a tinker, one makes you tough, and one is a red herring that does absolutely nothing.

Considering that this one took 7+ months to fill, and I'm about to start a new job that will massively curtail BGG lurking hours, I am in no hurry to start brainstorming. But if there's a balance-savvy mod who wants to think medium-term, let me know.

(As far as I'm concerned, this particular set is public domain now, anybody can feel free to recycle it the next time they need some VIP action.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:

I assigned everyone characters before the game started, and you were Dr. Monty. But then I thought you were RPing as Charlie Bau based on your early posts, so I made murph Monty. But turns out you were Monty all along!
Yes and no. I was going to just reveal people in roughly chronological order, but when Aumerle asked to be the Viper I couldn't say no. Then I was like "I'm gonna have to honor as many of these RPs as possible without clearing people, uh...let's just go with Monty for Rhanddom because Dubs said so, that'll work."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madelineb wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:

Yes and no. I was going to just reveal people in roughly chronological order, but when Aumerle asked to be the Viper I couldn't say no. Then I was like "I'm gonna have to honor as many of these RPs as possible without clearing people, uh...let's just go with Monty for Rhanddom because Dubs said so, that'll work."

YAY!!! I AM THE REASON RHAND WAS MONTY!!! I LOVE IT!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:

A ravelling approaches.

Vote DMD.

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

Grave Ill = Villager

A Ravelling = Vanillager

Angel Rival = Vanillager

I was trying to rep Sorc D2, with a Villager clear on Korte, with the hopes we were lynching Wolf DMD, and that Korte and Rhand and Dejo and I would live to D3, because I found Rhand as good D2 and knew Dejo was good from D1 LC, and I hoped Rhand would recognize my telegraph, so he would keep up his Sorc read of me, while signaling to Dejo to trust me, and together they would help me confuse the Wolves, all the while signaling to everyone to play like Korte was a Villager or a Wolf, so Korte would get some votes, but not enough to be lynched, and would avoid the night kill.

Almost 100% of it. I missed "Grave Ill". Otherwise I had the same set of reads you describe (though I did think dejo could have been right about Felice) and was picking up everything you were putting down, right down to the signaling to dejo (and to Beren, who I also had as good).

Rhanddom wrote:
Can we not sit around parked on Korte? We're probably going to get a replacement there as lynch hour approaches, and I think the replacement ought to have a chance to check into Fire-Starter-chat and all that. devil But seriously, the last thing we need is for a replacement to arrive and not know the gamestate and claim Violet (which Korte isn't, because sorc view, but still) and there goes the ballgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
Although apparently I managed to signal back as if I had caught the anagram, even though I hadn't!

Rhanddom wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:

Grave: a word meaning very, very serious, as in the degree of illness that makes the preparation of a noose somewhat beside the point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fischer
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:

A ravelling approaches.

Vote DMD.

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

Grave Ill = Villager

A Ravelling = Vanillager

Angel Rival = Vanillager

um, I definitely need to return to the kiddy pool ASAP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
backpacker wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:

A ravelling approaches.

Vote DMD.

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

Grave Ill = Villager

A Ravelling = Vanillager

Angel Rival = Vanillager

This really is a fairly extreme example of private-language mind-meld. Kelci and I are pretty much the same person, except for the ways in which we're radically different, y'know? It takes a bit of practice to get there with any particular playmate, on top of the lifetime of practice that it takes to learn how to get there with anyone at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
xandryyte wrote:
I just... sigh. I was so frustrated on D1... I wished I had more than those four minutes when I was run up again. I just wasn't realizing some players thought this was normal WW.

Thanks for the save Korte, too bad about ortho being our third... sad times.

Oh how I wished I changed my order to Dupree like I almost did... ARGH!

I don't think I would have moved for a non-specific GS claim even if I had realised it was a VIP game. If you'd said you were the vig but couldn't remember the name I'd have moved though (I take it that was the issue? Not remembering the name?).
So the risk here — and I wish I'd thought this through in advance — is that the other VIPs may out themselves with the timing of their votes away. Once she claimed "some Baudelaire", she couldn't get more specific.

Why? I don't think whether someone is a Baudelaire makes any difference to their reaction to her claim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
madelineb wrote:
[dawn]

[killed kortemaki], violet. Evil wins!

Flavor and closing game in a couple hours, everyone can post. Thanks for playing!

Called it!

Unfortunately, that didn't help.

@ Dejo: Did you know that I knew that Korte was Violet??? And was trying to telegraph you while confusing the Wolves?

@ Korte: Did you know that I knew that you were Violet? And if so, did you know that I knew that you would know that I knew you were Violet???

I had realised this towards the end of today. It's part of the reason I stopped talking about you being evil and voted Cvb with the two of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
dejo, what was the goodish thing you saw from Felice? I was assuming you had picked up on something Violet-ish that I had missed, and set out to refognize that. Pity we crossed signals here. Hazard of a VIP game, I guess.

Rhanddom wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:
All right, I'll take a risk here and [vote Felice]. It's not her vote on me that grates. It's the half-absence. Absence is a thing that happens; half-absence is a choice.

So either you didn't see what I saw regarding Felice or you disagree.
I just don't know. Like, that's stuff I could lay down, too, you know? And now you're putting it out there in the open. So I don't know what to do with that.

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing or not. But the reason I think Felice is good isn't one I'd buy from you I don't think. But I buy it from her.
Oh. Well. That's all right, then.

[vote Dupree] let's find out!

This:

dejojam1 wrote:
Felice Si wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
Felice Si wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
I think that perhaps people should refrain from talking about whether or not they thought xand was a wolf after she claimed.

I get where that's coming from but I'm sure some people just didn't believe her claim regardless of their own role, particularly since she didn't specify which VIP she was.

Then I don't think you do get where that's coming from. laugh

But that's ok. I'm totally fine if people don't understand why I said that. As long as not understanding doesn't lead to talking about it anyway.

Really? I read that as you not wanting a Beaudelaire to out themselves by being *sure* xand was lying. But we can drop it there if you want.

I thought Felice kind of derp-cleared with this post. Was it deliberate, or had you missed the fact that Violet DID believe xand since they moved the lynch off her? I felt like a wolf couldn't possibly not understand my point here.

I very definitely didn't think she was Violet either based on it. I thought she was precisely a villager.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game, well played. Well fought good after the early hole. Felice was a great wolfmate. She played supershiny I thought.

Yes, by the end I thought Korte was like Violet based on how others were treating him and how the ortho situation may line up. Though I thought it was possible smart goods were purposed framing him as Violet to make a rabbit trail.

As an important good you don't survive by being shiny and if you suspect someone is an important good you have to throw some dirt on them every now and then. As a wolf one of the bigger pains in the ass is when wanting to kill someone because you think they are special runs against you wanting them to live for lynchbait. It's a tough balance though. But in this game, by the end we had no idea who was Violet really, but we did have the feeling of how Korte was beginning to seem to be "do not touch."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
Great game, well played. Well fought good after the early hole. Felice was a great wolfmate. She played supershiny I thought.

Yes, by the end I thought Korte was like Violet based on how others were treating him and how the ortho situation may line up. Though I thought it was possible smart goods were purposed framing him as Violet to make a rabbit trail.

As an important good you don't survive by being shiny and if you suspect someone is an important good you have to throw some dirt on them every now and then. As a wolf one of the bigger pains in the ass is when wanting to kill someone because you think they are special runs against you wanting them to live for lynchbait. It's a tough balance though. But in this game, by the end we had no idea who was Violet really, but we did have the feeling of how Korte was beginning to seem to be "do not touch."

This is part of the reason I didn't think that Korte should be in the top reads bracket. I don't think he was shiny so he didn't belong there purely on a read, and if he was Violet as I thought he might be, we shouldn't put him there for that reason. I also didn't want to vote him though, which is the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
dejojam1 wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
xandryyte wrote:
I just... sigh. I was so frustrated on D1... I wished I had more than those four minutes when I was run up again. I just wasn't realizing some players thought this was normal WW.

I don't think I would have moved for a non-specific GS claim even if I had realised it was a VIP game. If you'd said you were the vig but couldn't remember the name I'd have moved though (I take it that was the issue? Not remembering the name?).
So the risk here — and I wish I'd thought this through in advance — is that the other VIPs may out themselves with the timing of their votes away. Once she claimed "some Baudelaire", she couldn't get more specific.

Why? I don't think whether someone is a Baudelaire makes any difference to their reaction to her claim.
To me (vanillager), her refining her claim from VIP to Sunny would not have given any additional information (though the style of it might bias me one direction or another). To Klaus/Violet, it tells them that she's not false-claiming their role. If I were a wolf, I think I'd look for people who were mollified first-hand by her refined claim and earmark them for death. All counterfactual, though, so who knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
xandryyte wrote:

To me (vanillager), her refining her claim from VIP to Sunny would not have given any additional information (though the style of it might bias me one direction or another). To Klaus/Violet, it tells them that she's not false-claiming their role. If I were a wolf, I think I'd look for people who were mollified first-hand by her refined claim and earmark them for death. All counterfactual, though, so who knows?

I would have been mollified by a refined claim though, and I'm not a Baudelaire. The difference is whether or not she's claiming something counter-able. I think a lot of villagers would move for such a refined claim, so I don't think wolves would get anything from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
backpacker wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:

A ravelling approaches.

Vote DMD.

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:

Grave Ill = Villager

A Ravelling = Vanillager

Angel Rival = Vanillager

This really is a fairly extreme example of private-language mind-meld. Kelci and I are pretty much the same person, except for the ways in which we're radically different, y'know? It takes a bit of practice to get there with any particular playmate, on top of the lifetime of practice that it takes to learn how to get there with anyone at all.

This stuff is pretty cool, but Packer you dont need to do all this stuff. Much of this is style and maybe some advanced "mechanics" but this like many games you can do well without advanced plays and fancy pants stylin. Just play and play solid and be yourself. WW has a way of being the great equalizer. It also is appealing to people because each person can put in ther own identity and get out of it what they want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
I'm not saying you're wrong to want a specific claim there. I just think it's player-dependent. From me, in similar circumstances, you might consider accepting something like "Dude, I've been claiming Baudelaire from the very beginning! Not Klaus, though; reading that much would make my headaches verse." On account of that's me doubling down on an intentionally ambiguous Violet/Sunny claim (Wednesday Addams GIFs with a violence theme) while dispelling a calculated amount of fog (discarding the male/scholar layer of Baudelaire cloaking), which is a humble but dignified acknowledgment of plurality village pressure, which is a pro-good attitude irrespective of my actual role. There are players who don't hint in the first place, or who don't escalate hints into claims unless they're real (or aux), or, or, or. In retrospect it's clear that xandryyte was surprised at the insistence on a specific role claim, and I for one should have responded to that, because while I don't know her that well, I know her well enough to have cut her that much slack. I was just too slow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
I'm not saying you're wrong to want a specific claim there. I just think it's player-dependent. From me, in similar circumstances, you might consider accepting something like "Dude, I've been claiming Baudelaire from the very beginning! Not Klaus, though; reading that much would make my headaches verse." On account of that's me doubling down on an intentionally ambiguous Violet/Sunny claim (Wednesday Addams GIFs with a violence theme) while dispelling a calculated amount of fog (discarding the male/scholar layer of Baudelaire cloaking), which is a humble but dignified acknowledgment of plurality village pressure, which is a pro-good attitude irrespective of my actual role. There are players who don't hint in the first place, or who don't escalate hints into claims unless they're real (or aux), or, or, or. In retrospect it's clear that xandryyte was surprised at the insistence on a specific role claim, and I for one should have responded to that, because while I don't know her that well, I know her well enough to have cut her that much slack. I was just too slow.

You were scaring me in this game. And there was a chance you were Violet. And your last post seemed to be possibly a manipulation. I just needed you gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Sit tight, but the revolution's years away /I'm losing faith and I'm running low on things to say
mbmbmb
Yikes, that D1!

Nice job fighting back from it and making it a game, goods.

Murph, Felice and Dupree - Outstanding job, and a well deserved victory. I don't think you can say that the whole game came down to that brutal D1. You guys continued to baffle the town for the rest of the game too.

The RP in this one was fun, even for someone who doesn't know the source material. Shout out to Kortemaki for some of his posts in particular.

And thanks for modding, Madeline. This was an interesting role set, and everyone really seemed to enjoy the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Sit tight, but the revolution's years away /I'm losing faith and I'm running low on things to say
mbmbmb
Kortemaki wrote:
Sorry for governor bumbling you again, ortho. It's even less fun when we're on the same team.

laugh

You made the right call to move the lynch. And who the hell knows with D1 reads, anyway. I know I certainly wasn't closing in on the evil team at EOD there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  44 , 45 , 46 , 47 , 48  Next »  [48] |