[1]  Prev «  44 , 45 , 46 , 47 , 48  | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Opprobrious Opening rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
dejojam1 wrote:
Felice Si wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
Felice Si wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
I think that perhaps people should refrain from talking about whether or not they thought xand was a wolf after she claimed.

I get where that's coming from but I'm sure some people just didn't believe her claim regardless of their own role, particularly since she didn't specify which VIP she was.

Then I don't think you do get where that's coming from. laugh

But that's ok. I'm totally fine if people don't understand why I said that. As long as not understanding doesn't lead to talking about it anyway.

Really? I read that as you not wanting a Beaudelaire to out themselves by being *sure* xand was lying. But we can drop it there if you want.

I thought Felice kind of derp-cleared with this post. Was it deliberate, or had you missed the fact that Violet DID believe xand since they moved the lynch off her? I felt like a wolf couldn't possibly not understand my point here.

Nah, I thing we're just talking past each other. In my view Violet watching that lynch happen and xand's soft claim has to then decide if they're willing to take the risk of letting xand die, if they're skeptical of her claim. I personally don't think it's worth the risk, especially with only D1 to go on, in case you're wrong and xand is really good. And as I wrote above I thought you were referring to another VIP outing themselves with disbelief, however villagers could also not believe the soft claim, obviously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
Felice/murph — did you catch my ambiguous Violet/Sunny soft claim?

I don't remember what that was but you know we'll always take your claims with a healthy dose of pink Himalayan salt. kiss

We considered various people because you never know if people are leveling up or down. But Korte was the first person we had as possible Violet from right after D1 dusk. On Tuesday after my nap I looked back and D1 again and said I thought Violet was Dupree or Korte with a side of Rhand.

Felice Si Aug 5, 08:14 PM: I wonder if Korte is Violet.laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of Korte, to clarify in case anyone is wondering but afraid to ask, I genuinely got the impression from that one post that Korte did not want to play with me. Before getting back into the game yesterday afternoon I decided I had to ask Madeline if it was the case or was it a false perception from the way Korte wrote it in his RP. And it was just that false perception so all is good.heart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
backpacker wrote:
In the end, I couldn't tell who was who so...good game friends & foes!

2 games of moderate difficulty = 2 losses, I guess I need to go back to the kiddy pool

Nope! We all have losses all the time. Play on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BerenCamlost wrote:
DMDupree wrote:
Good game, guys! I never suspected Felice and murph tbh. I really thought Rhand and DUBS were the wolves until after my death

I really thought it was dubs and Korte.

Another time I think a GS is evil.

Good job Murph. I was picketed.

Thanks Madeleine! Great game! Can we have a continuation series?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:
Oh, Felice/murph! Not bad; not bad at all.

Felice you were amazing! I thought you were good all game! You were my highest good read D2.

Happy birthday! heart

Thanks, Dubs! I still felt the whole time like things could turn on a dime against me. Almost did there at the end.laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
So now for some explaining:

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:
I believe Dubs's Sorc claim.

I would consider it a grave ill if you did not.

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
dejojam1 wrote:
Ok, I'm having a hard time seeing good Dubs here.

A ravelling approaches.

Vote DMD.

DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
@ DMD: My angel rival, I tried to tell them.

Grave Ill = Villager

A Ravelling = Vanillager

Angel Rival = Vanillager

I was trying to rep Sorc D2, with a Villager clear on Korte, with the hopes we were lynching Wolf DMD, and that Korte and Rhand and Dejo and I would live to D3, because I found Rhand as good D2 and knew Dejo was good from D1 LC, and I hoped Rhand would recognize my telegraph, so he would keep up his Sorc read of me, while signaling to Dejo to trust me, and together they would help me confuse the Wolves, all the while signaling to everyone to play like Korte was a Villager or a Wolf, so Korte would get some votes, but not enough to be lynched, and would avoid the night kill.

You, uh, all picked up on that, right???

laughlaughlaugh
I never noticed any of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fischer
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felice Si wrote:
Speaking of Korte, to clarify in case anyone is wondering but afraid to ask, I genuinely got the impression from that one post that Korte did not want to play with me. Before getting back into the game yesterday afternoon I decided I had to ask Madeline if it was the case or was it a false perception from the way Korte wrote it in his RP. And it was just that false perception so all is good.heart

I didn't get that impression from him at all, regarding you. I thought Korte did an amazingly accurate impression (RP) of eeyore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fischer
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madelineb wrote:
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
Rhanddom wrote:
I was really tickled by the Montgomery Montgomery reveal. Thanks, Madeline!

I assigned everyone characters before the game started, and you were Dr. Monty. But then I thought you were RPing as Charlie Bau based on your early posts, so I made murph Monty. But turns out you were Monty all along!
Yes and no. I was going to just reveal people in roughly chronological order, but when Aumerle asked to be the Viper I couldn't say no. Then I was like "I'm gonna have to honor as many of these RPs as possible without clearing people, uh...let's just go with Monty for Rhanddom because Dubs said so, that'll work."

I also enjoyed the flavor-text Madeline thumbsup Too bad there wasn't another 2-3 days of it! After the voting closed each dusk, I'd leave for the hospital but was always curious to read
A what you'd write in the meantime and
B whether I'd be dead or alive when I returned

To put aside any wonder, & for all those concerned or keeping score @ home, my dad was discharged from the hospital today. He'll have some recuperation time so that he can resume his active life of retirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news, BP! Best wishes to your dad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The woest thing that can happen is to try to picket someone and then it turns into a crosspist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  44 , 45 , 46 , 47 , 48  |