Subject: Ghoul radiation pip question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayson Olson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I did try and use the search function first, but didn't see anything in regards to how the green rad pip actually is played with the Ghoul.

Can someone explain this to me?

My wife and I are trying our hand at the game, and she is playing the Ghoul character. We understand that any radiation damage he would take is converted into positive health gains.

So then how does, if ever, the Ghoul's green marker on the player board advance? We understand that when the health and radiation markers meet, the player is 'dead' or exhausted and starts over after losing some items. We get that he starts with 12hp as opposed to 16, but we don't know how the green marker advances, if all damage he takes that way is converted to regaining HP.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Syvertsen
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Happy Halloween!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the ghoul in a while, but IIRC, it doesn't advance - when he takes 12 points of damage, he's dead. I remember playing the ghoul and not getting a lot accomplished as I was always trying to get him irradiated to heal, especially when fighting higher-level monsters that were doing 9 points of damage in a combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl S.
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
^
It doesn't move for the ghoul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pouya Ostadpour
Iran
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JaysonOl wrote:
I did try and use the search function first, but didn't see anything in regards to how the green rad pip actually is played with the Ghoul.

Can someone explain this to me?

My wife and I are trying our hand at the game, and she is playing the Ghoul character. We understand that any radiation damage he would take is converted into positive health gains.

So then how does, if ever, the Ghoul's green marker on the player board advance? We understand that when the health and radiation markers meet, the player is 'dead' or exhausted and starts over after losing some items. We get that he starts with 12hp as opposed to 16, but we don't know how the green marker advances, if all damage he takes that way is converted to regaining HP.

Thanks in advance.

As you said yourself, radiation is not a hazard for Ghoul. It's life points. So green marker never moves for him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgars S
msg tools
Radiation counter is never used for ghoul. It effectively means he cant permanently die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Walker
United Kingdom
HANTS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When we play the ghoul in my house we set the Rad peg at 13 to cap the HP at 12
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Novac
Latvia
flag msg tools
Alixian wrote:
When we play the ghoul in my house we set the Rad peg at 13 to cap the HP at 12

Exactly my thoughts. It's much convenient nether to count health till 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls