Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zock'n' Roll
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

are there any informations about the status of Barrage?

greetings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is the extent of what we know...

Quote:
Backerkit survey is on its way to go.

We are coming faster and stronger than ever and now we are working on something you can’t imagine.

As soon as possible we update you with more infos.

That was posted 3 days ago in the kickstarter comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*sigh* Posting information in the comments is useless. Hopefully the post a real update soon, as they apparently indicated they would!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic

Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
*sigh* Posting information in the comments is useless. Hopefully the post a real update soon, as they apparently indicated they would!

That's disappointing that they're posting information there. The comments sections of kickstarters are 99% useless after the campaign is over (and 90% useless while it's running).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedEyedGhost wrote:
Becq wrote:

That's disappointing that they're posting information there. The comments sections of kickstarters are 99% useless after the campaign is over (and 90% useless while it's running).
I'd rate their uselessness at closer to 100%, since even if the comment contains useful information, it can only be useful to those who happen to see it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedEyedGhost wrote:

Eh I’d hardly call what they posted information. If it’s any consolation Cranio has been pretty much nonexistent in the KS comments so you’re not missing anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delia Volpi
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am eager too to have some news....This game looks amazing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Jimmydm90 wrote:

Quote:

We are coming faster and stronger than ever and now we are working on something you can’t imagine.

Almost the same as there update @ 18 dec.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic

Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rednas79 wrote:
Jimmydm90 wrote:

Quote:

Almost the same as there update @ 18 dec.

18 Dec and 14 Jan are almost the same? That's four weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Helbig
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's only a shame how they treat their backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GermanCosmo wrote:
How so? I've seen nothing to be particularly unhappy about; what have I missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
GermanCosmo wrote:
How so? I've seen nothing to be particularly unhappy about; what have I missed?

He's probably just referring to Cranio's lack of communication and also a lot of people are unhappy with some of Barrage's production quality that was shown off on instagram. It seems like Cranio changed the graphic design, went with cheaper materials on the building meeples, no sign of custom worker meeples that were unlocked, etc and Cranio never really communicated with backers about it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuY4Er5jkz7/

UPDATE: It seems some one managed to get a hold of Cranio and the pieces are preproduction. Also the lack of communication is apparently due to something personal with their kickstarter manager.

Quote:
The pictures on Instagram ARE pre production and NOT final I've been informed.

As for lack of communication, their has been some issues with how busy they are at present as Luigi, their Kickstarter Manager, has had a very serious condition and they are struggling to fill his shoes.

Cranio also inform me that they are still hoping to achieve the April deadline and the wooden pieces will be laser cut from wood, not the MDF mock ups we see in the Instagram pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
He's probably just referring to Cranio's lack of communication and also a lot of people are unhappy with some of Barrage's production quality that was shown off on instagram. It seems like Cranio changed the graphic design, went with cheaper materials on the building meeples, no sign of custom worker meeples that were unlocked, etc and Cranio never really communicated with backers about it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuY4Er5jkz7/

UPDATE: It seems some one managed to get a hold of Cranio and the pieces are preproduction. Also the lack of communication is apparently due to something personal with their kickstarter manager.

Quote:
The pictures on Instagram ARE pre production and NOT final I've been informed.

As for lack of communication, their has been some issues with how busy they are at present as Luigi, their Kickstarter Manager, has had a very serious condition and they are struggling to fill his shoes.

Cranio also inform me that they are still hoping to achieve the April deadline and the wooden pieces will be laser cut from wood, not the MDF mock ups we see in the Instagram pictures.
Odd, the pictures I see on Instagram and Facebook look virtually identical to those shown on the inset for the custom unlocks shown on the KS page. But the word is that they will be improved further? Wow, that *is* terrible... whistle

My only real concern is regarding the quality of the production wheel. The prototype wheels were terrible, but I think that is mostly due to the thin cardboard or paper used for the production tiles, which had a tendency to slip under the spokes of the wheel. Thicker tiles should solve that problem, leaving a question about how sturdy the spokes are. Ideally, they would attach a disk under the spokes that rotates with them and strengthening them significantly.

If it doesn't look sturdy enough, I may opt to add a thin clear plastic disk myself. We'll see!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:

Odd, the pictures I see on Instagram and Facebook look virtually identical to those shown on the inset for the custom unlocks shown on the KS page.

Really? Cause i've yet to see these anywhere.

The workers in the instagram photos are out of focus but it's clear each faction has the same shape. Granted since these are preproduction it's possible that they didn't have the custom worker faction meeples on hand. Then again Cranio's still saying they'll deliver in April so that's a tight crunch.

As for the buildings...

The shape wasn't the problem people were just concerned because the only versions they'd seen of the buildings were made of multiplex (a glued together wood) rather than the solid wood which is the norm for board games. Obviously we know it's a nonissue now but if Cranio had said in a caption "Preproduction mock ups. Not final materials." Or just responded to one of the many comments on their kickstarter or instagram, there would have been no hubbub so it mostly boils down to a lack of communication as we come closer and closer to the promised shipping window.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Bowen
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not familiar with multiplex but those look like they could be ridges that are part of the details on a wooden piece to me. While cranio hasn't been very communicative, they also are not new to making games and have a good track record from what I can tell of doing so. So I don't understand how some backers have this immediate assumption that cranio doesn't know how to make the physical components up to industry standards.

For me at the end of the day if the game arrives in April is good and of good quality then I have zero issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't look at the images that closely, but yes, I can see the issue. Not a show-stopper if they were final images, but the issue became a non-problem once they have got the word out that the final product will be laser cut from solid wood. Agreed, a little better communication regarding that would have been helpful, but backers avoiding panic would have likewise been helpful. And it sounds as though there's some explanation for the reduced communication, too.

I guess part of my low concern levels has to do with the fact that I'm treating April delivery as a "best possible (but unlikely) case", having done a number of board game KS by now. The fact that they are still projecting an April delivery is impressive -- assuming it isn't just them lying to us, or the manufacturer lying to them.

My main hope is that they aren't sacrificing quality for time; when it comes to KS I'd much rather have a quality product late than a 'meh' or worse product on time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:

My main hope is that they aren't sacrificing quality for time; when it comes to KS I'd much rather have a quality product late than a 'meh' or worse product on time.

100% agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I also prever quality over delivery.
But they did advertise with 6 months pre delivery. And since there selling the game at Essen in October it seems they are breaking this promise.
I'll thinking twice before backing again if they return at kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rednas79 wrote:
I also prever quality over delivery.
But they did advertise with 6 months pre delivery. And since there selling the game at Essen in October it seems they are breaking this promise.
I'll thinking twice before backing again if they return at kickstarter.
You could always try to cancel your order to get your money back. If that fails, I suspect you could sell your pledge. I recall a number of people disappointed that they missed the deadline and there was no PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryle Cuff
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that confirmed? We're not getting 6 months exclusivity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryle wrote:
Is that confirmed? We're not getting 6 months exclusivity?
I don't know that it's "confirmed", but I believe there were a couple of things that *appear* to have pushed back their schedule. I've backed KS before, so I was expecting it at least six months after their projected date -- which means it's still running early in my book...

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious about the pre-production samples and how it's handled here.

In the few KS I backed, there were pictures posted of creator approved components that made it subsequently into the production cycle.

As Cranio said they've already started to produce the game when they showed their pre-production copy off at the show, I wonder why that isn't already what they are getting made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter comment wrote:

Hello Guys and Girls,

the production is undergoing and the factory updated us with an expected date of finished manufacturing by the 20th of March. We managed to solve some unexpected technical issues.

We are expecting our guys at GAMA (Reno) to bring back a bunch of late production copies to show you by the next week.

It was a tough pair of month and we are positive to be able to hit the April delivery deadline. After the completion, we'll make a rush to ship all the copies to you.

I understand your concern but, please, have a little patience: as stated elsewhere, we are heavily underpowered and, a part from barrage, we are working on several new projects and toy fairs.

Fear not, you'll be able to play Barrage really, really soon.

Thank you

R.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls