Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
Aw, crap. We had LHLV and lost it because I was trying to get in the way of communications between Skot and Sarah long enough to summon Syntax back to the thread. I thought Sarah had vote strength 2; instead, Syntax lost his vote. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
And they had a chat too. Now that's a bit much. But, such is life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
Makes me feel like I singlehandedly lost us the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
That's the part of this game that isn't so socially redeeming. Giving people the benefit of the doubt not only gets you burned more often than not; it makes you the idiot that got your team burned.

I won't hold onto that feeling long; that's not my way. But it's good to be reminded that that's a real thing in life, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
Makes me feel like I singlehandedly lost us the game.

I refuse to allow you to let that thought inhabit your mind for a single second!

We were doused in a cloud of paranoia.
We did the best we could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! Sarah WAS a gorgon!

Called that too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
Well behaved women don't defeat empires.
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
Ha! Sarah WAS a gorgon!

Called that too!

I uhhhhh whattttttt? modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Farren!!!

I was so convinced you were evil but scared to really out to you in chat. I kept begging for you to chat me, especially the last day because I was going to out to you and try to set up a LHLV. We had mathed out if we voted together the prior day we could be ok. I was going to spin you this story in case you ended up being good that I could back out of. I was in a weird conundrum because I was so sure you were evil but also not really wanting to lynch you. Hence I kept calling you evil but never really voting you. I thought you knew I was evil too or at least suspected. You'll see how many times I mention you in wolf-chat.

And today when you nf'd lamb I was so lost because I knew you had to know I was lying about your vote and that I was trying to get you off of lamb before you left. I was hoping at worst you parked on Mimi. I wasn't going to throw you under the bus today if I didn't have to but the minute you nf'd on lamb I had to. I had to put you under, turn on the engine and run you over.

If you chatted me the last day that would have been real interesting as we try to feel out if the other one is good or evil. I think we had a nice fudy chat before-- our chat was longer than wolf chat for quite a while!

And thanks for wolfing with me Ser and Lamb; you two are great for sticking with it even when things became pretty doomed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason I survived lynch was it went to Mimi. When the vote was 5-3 that day neither Mimi nor Majai had votes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I really did view for vote strength, so not everything I said was a total lie? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Farren Jul 26, 12:26 AM: Worst case scenario right now is Sarah / Lamb as wolves.

And you nf'd on lamb when I was throwing everything at the wall for you not to? We actually lose if lamb was lynched then. I don't know if people realize this but I did NOT have an nk. That is why there wasn't one after Ser died. If lamb died I would have had to mislynch every shiny good and explain why there were no nks-- I see zero chance of that happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kortemaki Jul 24, 06:27 PM: Yes, but Mimi's conversion is voluntary
Kortemaki Jul 24, 06:28 PM: The chance of Mimi getting the opportunity to convert was something like 1/3 from what I could math out

WHATTTT??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
While we're quoting chats: D2 chat with Sarah:

SarahBoBara Jul 23, 11:45 AM: what if i am evil and trying to find out if you're evil? bwahahha
Farren Jul 23, 11:46 AM: How does that even work?
Farren Jul 23, 11:46 AM: wait. auxes. max looking for aux, or vice versa.
Farren Jul 23, 11:48 AM: I mean, of course I am an Aux dutifully seeking my Maxes. Please tell me your partners so that I may ... properly venerate them. Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Farren wrote:

SarahBoBara Jul 23, 11:45 AM: what if i am evil and trying to find out if you're evil? bwahahha
Farren Jul 23, 11:48 AM: I mean, of course I am an Aux dutifully seeking my Maxes. Please tell me your partners so that I may ... properly venerate them. Yes.

You should see how many times I mention you in wolf chat? "Is it too desperate to just beg him to chat with me again?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
SarahBoBara wrote:
Farren wrote:

You should see how many times I mention you in wolf chat? "Is it too desperate to just beg him to chat with me again?"

You were my next target, if we both survived the day. Under the pretense of "I'm totally going to murder you tonight."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
SarahBoBara wrote:
Farren Jul 26, 12:26 AM: Worst case scenario right now is Sarah / Lamb as wolves.

And you nf'd on lamb when I was throwing everything at the wall for you not to? We actually lose if lamb was lynched then. I don't know if people realize this but I did NOT have an nk. That is why there wasn't one after Ser died. If lamb died I would have had to mislynch every shiny good and explain why there were no nks-- I see zero chance of that happening.

This was why I claimed before I left. My claim was weak, rushed, and full of holes - and while I was telling the absolute truth about having to leave at that point, I was deliberately taking advantage of that to make the claim seem even weaker. Figured you could use some credit by flipping me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Farren wrote:
SarahBoBara wrote:

This was why I claimed before I left. My claim was weak, rushed, and full of holes - and while I was telling the absolute truth about having to leave at that point, I was deliberately taking advantage of that to make the claim seem even weaker. Figured you could use some credit by flipping me.

It worked out. I felt we were pretty screwed at various times (especially before lamb promoted and I thought I had to make it through 11 people with no nk). The stars had to align with Syntax viewing me and lamb not being lynched yesterday. I feel like lamb and I just keep digging ourselves deeper into our lies and it was getting worse and worse. My double vote thing-- total lie, most of my views (including viewing you) lies; Ser's vig shot claim-- a lie (I had a vig shot-- sorry Paper-- but gotta shoot my nemesis before he catches me); lamb not getting role info anymore and having to deal with rhandd testing him nor having a vig shot; so many lies that were catching up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I *am* smiling.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unaware Aux with a killing power that isn't entirely controllable and doesn't have a "no killing Maxes" clause makes for a very interesting experience.

Although I'm not sure if any of the Maxes *could* be hit with it, in retrospect? I didn't know that at the time, and was in constant fear of accidentally killing someone I didn't want to.

Fun game; thanks for running it, Korte, Raven, Smugs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eeyore
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a terrible way to read Korte FWIW.
badge
Korte is STILL a black hole on d3.
mbmbmbmbmb
Farren wrote:
Unaware Aux with a killing power that isn't entirely controllable and doesn't have a "no killing Maxes" clause makes for a very interesting experience.

Although I'm not sure if any of the Maxes *could* be hit with it, in retrospect? I didn't know that at the time, and was in constant fear of accidentally killing someone I didn't want to.

They could sauron

And you're welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wario Wario
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's a me! WARIO!!
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
Ha! Sarah WAS a gorgon!

Called that too!
Nope. You said it was me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SerWave wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:
Ha! Sarah WAS a gorgon!

Called that too!
Nope. You said it was me

Initially.
After you died I shifted it to her.

I knew SOMEONE had to be a gorgon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
Team Evil had to hold it together and run a pretty tough gauntlet there. It's an earned win, and earned in style. My sincere thanks for keeping it classy. And Mimi, that haiku discipline! My hat is off to you.

Obviously the theme had me in my happy place from beginning to end, too. Sorry if my bloviation detracted from anyone's experience; but funeral orator to legends and great citizens? My only regret is that I lacked the time and knowledge to translate and adapt to the occasion.

Team Good, I think, really conducted itself with distinction as well. Obviously we (I more than anyone) made mistakes and missed clues. But we also refrained pretty consistently from the usual crimes of the majority. I can live with having erred on the side of credence in sincere effort across differences in information possessed, cultural background, and available energy. And I'm grateful for the wiggle room people gave me on multiple occasions, both in-game and interpersonally. This one was a banner experience for me.

I especially want to thank, not just Kortemaki, but his co-mods. Raven and Smugs processed many orders with complex interactions briskly and, as far as I can tell, with essentially zero mod errors. I also greatly enjoyed interactions in modchat and appreciated the guidance in easing frictions. Stellar execution of an ambitious design.

What a solid crew we are! I hope there will be more like this in the future. (Not next week, though; my dreams are going to be filled with Hesiod for a jolly good while.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Farren wrote:

You're welcome.

I wish to host more games here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhanddom wrote:
Team Evil had to hold it together and run a pretty tough gauntlet there. It's an earned win, and earned in style. My sincere thanks for keeping it classy. And Mimi, that haiku discipline! My hat is off to you.

Obviously the theme had me in my happy place from beginning to end, too. Sorry if my bloviation detracted from anyone's experience; but funeral orator to legends and great citizens? My only regret is that I lacked the time and knowledge to translate and adapt to the occasion.

Team Good, I think, really conducted itself with distinction as well. Obviously we (I more than anyone) made mistakes and missed clues. But we also refrained pretty consistently from the usual crimes of the majority. I can live with having erred on the side of credence in sincere effort across differences in information possessed, cultural background, and available energy. And I'm grateful for the wiggle room people gave me on multiple occasions, both in-game and interpersonally. This one was a banner experience for me.

I especially want to thank, not just Kortemaki, but his co-mods. Raven and Smugs processed many orders with complex interactions briskly and, as far as I can tell, with essentially zero mod errors. I also greatly enjoyed interactions in modchat and appreciated the guidance in easing frictions. Stellar execution of an ambitious design.

What a solid crew we are! I hope there will be more like this in the future. (Not next week, though; my dreams are going to be filled with Hesiod for a jolly good while.)

Awwwww ty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was super impressed with how thematic the game was. And I think it was swingy, but if a thematic game isn't swingy, it's probably boring. This one sure as heck wasn't boring.

Mike talked about stuff at Brian and I, and Brian and I had some private reading/discussions and came to three conclusions:
1) SerWave was 100% evil because good!Ser doesn't shoot Vanders there ever. We also thought he was Medusa and try to draw views.
2) Rorab was crazy evil because we didn't find his opinion about Mike believable. But then his role was outed, and I became convinced that he was neutral because that role was too OP to be evil.
3) Sarah was super crazy evil too. This was largely due to the way that she treated Syntax, I think? I can't remember who it was, but she had a read that I 100% didn't believe.

I was also super convinced that Rhand and anna were good because of their interactions and theorycrafting.

I thought that Lamb's claim was excellent, especially around the OPG vs repeating stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  109 , 110 , 111 , 112 , 113  Next »  [113] |