Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaos Missile Launcher - there's a blip showing a Chaos Marine with what looks like a missile launcher, but my (used) copy didn't actually come with a chaos missile launcher. There's a heavy bolter for the Chaos Commander, and the rest have bolters. Is there supposed to be a Missile Launcher piece for the Chaos Marines?

Also, I can't spot the rules for which heavy weapon it is in the book? Is it just a missile launcher...or are the Chaos Marines supposed to be able to choose any heavy weapon?

Second question; one of my marine Commanders has a weapon tab broken off inside. Does anyone know of a good way to get this tab out, so the other two weapons can fit in? (I'm sure I can then do something to get the broken weapon to stay on when its used).

Thanks for any answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Component Questions; Chaos Missile Launcher, damaged Cap
StormKnight wrote:
Chaos Missile Launcher - there's a blip showing a Chaos Marine with what looks like a missile launcher, but my (used) copy didn't actually come with a chaos missile launcher. There's a heavy bolter for the Chaos Commander, and the rest have bolters. Is there supposed to be a Missile Launcher piece for the Chaos Marines?

I have no idea about the English names for the weapons. In the German version there is one Chaos Marine with a "Holo Werfer" while all others have the laser guns (they renamed everything and changed the descriptions to make them non-lethal weapons).
The "Holo Werfer" is the gun that affects the center square with 2 red die and the surrounding ones with the higher of them. So this is probably your missile launcher.

As far as pulling out goes. Either try to glue the broken stuff together and pull it out that way, or use a hot needle to melt it into the stump and pull it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
Ireland
Templemore
Tipperary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In my (complete) copy the Chaos marines came with 3 Bolters, 1 Missile Launcher and 1 Heavy Bolter (the Commanders weapon)...
Regarding the stuck tab, I would suggest you get yourself a small hand drill with a 1 or 2 millimeter drill bit and carefully drill out the bit of plastic.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:

Also, I can't spot the rules for which heavy weapon it is in the book? Is it just a missile launcher...or are the Chaos Marines supposed to be able to choose any heavy weapon?

Thanks for any answers!

The game includes a Chaos Marine squad composed of a Commander with heavy bolter, a Marine with missile launcher, and three Marines with bolters. No additional heavy weapons were provided for the Chaos Marine squad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should sub out all the old school mini's with new GW mini's. $400 later and you wold have one heck of a good looking game.

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malloc wrote:
You should sub out all the old school mini's with new GW mini's. $400 later and you wold have one heck of a good looking game.

-M

Or print the various Paper Sci Fi figures available on the net, which is a LOT cheaper.

Check out the wickedly good Skelebots...
http://www.onemonk.com/Home/Home.html

Check out all of the great minis here ( bottom of page )
http://www.gwindel.eu/Jeux_de_roles.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the info. My copy, which seems to be Dutch (the original owner thought it was German) had 4 bolters for the Chaos Marines and a heavy bolter for the chaos marine commander. Maybe I'll mode a missile launcher for one of them.

Quote:
$400 later and you wold have one heck of a good looking game.

That cheap?
Actually, I think the Space Crusade models look pretty cool already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might have an extra missile launcher you can have. If I remember correctly, they all look the same, you would just have to paint it to match. If you want more, i.e., the plasma gun, assault cannon, etc., to give the CMs the same capabilities as the SMs, I may be able to find a few of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.