Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an English language rules set for Balam. I have tiles, sites, cards, etc for something called "Dix-Huit Lapins" (or 18 Lapins), which I'm thinking is a streamlined (or dumbed-down) version of "Balam". Noticably missing are "cenote" sites and the cards that go with them, and probably some other stuff I haven't discovered. The tile and card counts are certainly different. Balam's rules are twice as long as the rules to "Dix-Huit Lapins".

So I need advice. Should I struggle to translate the rules to "Dix-Huit Lapins"? It'll be hard, but I can eventually get it done. Or should I stick with the rules to Balam, and fill in the missing parts (cards mostly), with items of my own?

Or are these two games entirely different animals?

edit) (a week later) I found out that "Dix-Huit Lapins" translates into "Eightteen Rabbits". Made no sense until I see that "Dix-Huit Lapins" is the name of one of the four kings in the original game of "Balam".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.