Infernal Contraption» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 upgrades = x3 or x4? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurskorahn
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I just had a quick question about having multiple upgrades on a single contraption. Would two x2 upgrades (one above and one below) multiply to x4 or do you simply play that each upgrade more or less copies it giving you a x3 result instead. This gets even worse if you have 3 upgrades because you can argue for either 4 occurences of the contraption or 8. Just curious to know what others play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/index.php?showtopic=1221...

According to the official forum, we were playing wrong last night and they multiply so that you could have a x8 situation. I don't really like that rule becuase it would seem to make things too powerful at very little cost to the player, but with this game if something like that happens, you can always play again real quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurskorahn
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Hmmm . . . that will make for much nastier machines and thus quicker games indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
I always play 2 upgrades = x4. Insanely over-loading the machine just seems right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Feltman
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it yesterday. We used it as a x4. At one point I had 3 x2 cards on one contraption. We ruled that as a x6, playing the card, then again. Then moving on and playing it again twice, then again twice. I like x8 better! And Look Forward to a x16!!! Muwhahahahaha!!!! (almost had one, too, but we had to give up the table. Would have had it my next round!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 multiplier cards is 8x. You wouldn't have been able to play a fourth. Devices only have four connections and one must be a power source or it won't function.

You can put an upgrade into your mainline so that one upgrade will work with 2 connecting devices, but each device would still need its own power source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.