Subject: Would like to see a Big Box edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott G
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else hoping to see a Big Box edition of Viticulture that includes all of the expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of games like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
gixxerscott wrote:
Anyone else hoping to see a Big Box edition of Viticulture that includes all of the expansions?

My regular sized box already has all of the expansions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Regular
Canada
Kensington
PE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
gixxerscott wrote:

My regular sized box already has all of the expansions! :)

Or at least all of the ones I want :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I don't really see the need, all of Viticulture Essential and Tuscany Essential already fits in one box. Just have to take your pick of which one.

In fact, all of Viticulture and old full edition of Tuscany fit in one box too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
You don't really want to do that. . .
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - this doesn't need the Scythe treatment
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gixxerscott wrote:
Please no, not after all the money I've already spent collecting it all together into the one box...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois LC
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No need for that IMO. The VEE box can already contain all the TEE stuff and more (I have the Arboriculture/Formaggio expansion from Print&Play and the metal coins and it all fits fine).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
The collector's edition was already released.

Not sure they need to do another one just for two small card packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought if I capitalized "Big Box" people would no take it so literally.

I was not asking for a bigger box.

I would like to buy a version of Viticulture that includes the base game and all of the expansion, instead of needing to buy them all separately.

Most Big Box editions of games include all of the expansions and sometimes promos for a game.
e.g. Carson City: Big Box
e.g Alhambra: Big Box

The cost to produce and ship is reduced since you are putting it all in one box instead of many. The retail price of a Big Box game is frequently lower that the cost of the game and all the included expansions when purchased separately.

Then there are financial and environmental savings from not having to manufacture and ship the extra boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:
The collector's edition was already released.

Not sure they need to do another one just for two small card packs.

You mean the one that was released before the last 3 expansions and is two boxes bundled together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Serious is serious.
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally and completely unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
gixxerscott wrote:

Ya, I think everyone knows what you were saying, there's no misunderstanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skeezy wrote:
Totally and completely unnecessary...

... thus a mandatory purchase
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Taylor
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gixxerscott wrote:

I would like to buy a version of Viticulture that includes the base game and all of the expansion, instead of needing to buy them all separately.

Most Big Box editions of games include all of the expansions and sometimes promos for a game.
e.g. Carson City: Big Box
e.g Alhambra: Big Box

The cost to produce and ship is reduced since you are putting it all in one box instead of many. The retail price of a Big Box game is frequently lower that the cost of the game and all the included expansions when purchased separately.

Then there are financial and environmental savings from not having to manufacture and ship the extra boxes.

It's not really a savings when you have to produce an entirely new version of a game. The box would have to be bigger, redesigned, reprinted, and then you would have a lot of extra cardboard left over from V:EE, T:EE, the card packs, and the copies of your newer version that don't sell.

As people have said, everything fits in the original V:EE box and it doesn't make sense (other than saving a very small sample size of consumers some $.

A big box makes sense if there are a lot of expansions for a game (like Alhambra, especially since it's tough to track them down), especially if they are modular and have been produced over a significant amount of time. Carson City got a whole new player and a little bit of a deluxe upgrade, and V:EE doesn't need any of that. Viticulture has one expansion plus some cards, all readily available and compatible with any version after the kickstarter of original Viticulture. I understand why it might be nice, but it just doesn't make sense any way you look at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But with a Kickstarter campaign, anything is possible! (And I would definitely go onboard).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven St. John
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:
But with a Kickstarter campaign, anything is possible! (And I would definitely go onboard).

Pretty unlikely Stonemaier would run a Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
SJS1971 wrote:
kakuuuu wrote:

Pretty unlikely Stonemaier would run a Kickstarter.

Yeah, pretty unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And without it, sadly, goes my dream of a viticulture big box cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven St. John
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:

Stonemaier has made products in the past because of fan demand (the Scythe Legendary box and the Scythe metal mechs, for two). You can always fill out their request form:

Future Printing Request Form
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
SJS1971 wrote:
kakuuuu wrote:

Stonemaier has made products in the past because of fan demand (the Scythe Legendary box and the Scythe metal mechs, for two). You can always fill out their request form:

Future Printing Request Form

See? The future is still possible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to chime in to say that I really appreciate you all sharing your enthusiasm for this idea and mentioning it on our future printing request form. While I think it's extremely unlikely that we would ever do this for the same reasons we wouldn't make a Scythe big box filled with all the Scythe stuff (see FAQ entry below), you're still welcome to discuss it as much as you'd like. I just wouldn't want you to hold off on actually buying Viticulture stuff in the hopes of there being a big box version, because there is a 99.9999% chance you'll be waiting forever.

"While we appreciate the interest that some people might have in an all-in-one version of Scythe (the game, all expansions, all accessories, and all promos), there are a few reasons why we won’t be doing that. First, it would be prohibitively expensive for customers (around $300), which also makes it very difficult to sell via distribution channels. Second, it would be a 180 reversal for us, as we’ve said for years that we wouldn’t make such a product, and many people have bought into Scythe’s ala-carte style system–it wouldn’t be fair to them. Third, the ala carte system allows people to pick and choose exactly which elements of Scythe they want, which ensures that everyone pays for exactly what they want, nothing more. For those reasons, we won’t be making an all-in-one version of Scythe."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven St. John
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I just wouldn't want you to hold off on actually buying Viticulture stuff in the hopes of there being a big box version, because there is a 99.9999% chance you'll be waiting forever.

Headline: Stegmaier says Viticulture Big Box A Possibility
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.