Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricatoni
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was Tony's first outing with the game group. He is usually a Magic player but tonight we focused on Age of Empires. I owed him at least some Magic time so we found an all night Starbucks and pulled out our decks.

Mine was an almost mono blue deck. I had some whites thrown in for enchantments and instants, but the blue creatures were meant to island swarm. The idea was to turn his lands into islands, and Islandwalk and Islandhome my way into his life points. Drakes and Thornwind Faeries took the damage high and far. A 0/1 Fog Bank just hung out and neutralized any big attackers. Two Counter spells made it annoying.

Tony pulled out a mono black and artifact deck. Some quick get them out creatures with regenerate that he could equip up the kazoo to be death dealing giants were his tactics. Unfortunately he kept drawing equipment cards and had no one to equip them on.

As it was I lost two games of the five we played. On one lost game I got one land in my first hand, and then no lands for nine turns. On another his deck played out a flying demon in the fourh turn whose cumulutive upkeep was to take away one of my lands. I did not last more than three turns after that.

My deck was strong on turning his lands into islands with Phantasmal Terrain, Lingering Mirage, Sea Snids, and Tidal Warriors, and then bringing out the Segovian Leviathan, Manta Ray, Veiled Serpents, and Phanthom Warriors. One white card made him skip his combat phase and that worked well in two games. On the third win it was just the Mantas and Phanthom Warriors that could not be blocked that brought us home for the night.

Tony's was a 80 card deck he had dusted off to play tonight. Mine was one deck I had put together from two and tweaked to 39 cards plus 21 lands. I am thinking of making it leaner but the Hammerhead Sharks I have in are good deterrants. For any feedback this is what I played. The red highlights are cards that rocked. The green cards are ones that might need to go to make it leaner or be traded out for other cards. I am thinking of putting in Blue-Robe of Mirrors or White-Cho Mannos Blessing. I would appreciate any thoughts.

BLUE
Day of the Dragons x1
Lingering Mirage x2
Phantasmal Terrain x2
Counterspell x2
Tidal Warrior x2
Spindthrift Drake x2
Hammerhead Shark x2
Fog Bank x2
Veiled Serpent x2
Wind Drake x2
Peregrine Drake x2
Sea Snid x2
Segovian Leviathan x2
Thornwind Faeries x2
Manta Ray x2
Phanthom Warrior x4
WHITE
Moment of Silence x2
Prismatic Ward x2
Disenchant x2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I once created a black and blue deck, with a bit of red. The deck got clobbered repeatedly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricatoni
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After spending a weekend tweaking this blue deck I want to try a Black and Red. I usually play White and something else but am branching out to a Green Black with Poison Counters, a Red Stone Rain and Pain, and a Green Elf Rabbit Reproduction deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So that's what you're bringing to Big Bear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricatoni
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...lets just say at Rosarito I spent two days doing what I love, engaging gaming at one level or another...tweaking at least 5 decks. I spent more time on this blue deck than on any other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.