Recommend
17 
 Thumb up
 Hide
62 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Villainous» Forums » News

Subject: Expansion announced for next month! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moshe
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Disney Villain Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/disneyvillains) uploaded an new image today, pretty much confirming the Villainous expansion for next month!

Here's a link to the post:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtGeZeTDiz7/

Quote:
The best worst is yet to come. Who will join the ranks of Villainous next month? Cast your votes below.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
It's not like they're going to design 3 new villains in a single month. So either the votes don't matter, or they have so many villains already designed that they are choosing to release them slowly.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Dunning
United States
Murfreesboro
TN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
It's not like they're going to design 3 new villains in a single month. So either the votes don't matter, or they have so many villains already designed that they are choosing to release them slowly.


It seems like they have an expansion ready...instead of asking people to "vote," I think they are asking them to guess.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rowlands
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
It's not like they're going to design 3 new villains in a single month. So either the votes don't matter, or they have so many villains already designed that they are choosing to release them slowly.
Indeed. By "vote" they mean guess.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Renner
United States
flag msg tools
Ahhhhhhh!!! This is so exciting! It looks like the little colored reflections are blue, purple, and red. So my guesses based on that are that they’re adding Hades, Yzma, and then maybe Gaston?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ry4Christ wrote:
Ahhhhhhh!!! This is so exciting! It looks like the little colored reflections are blue, purple, and red. So my guesses based on that are that they’re adding Hades, Yzma, and then maybe Gaston?

Blue definitely feels like Hades is likely.

I'm feeling like the purple might be the Evil Queen. I think it's likely they'll stick with more nostalgic Disney villains as much as I like Yzma. Although the reflection does make it look like the shape is kind wide at the bottom which could reflect Yzma's style of dress.

The "red" looks more like a pink/magenta to me, and looks really thin so I'm thinking Dr. Facilier because of his body shape (although I admit he's not really a classic villain as I argued with Evil Queen).

2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Renner
United States
flag msg tools
vaughnerich wrote:
Ry4Christ wrote:
Ahhhhhhh!!! This is so exciting! It looks like the little colored reflections are blue, purple, and red. So my guesses based on that are that they’re adding Hades, Yzma, and then maybe Gaston?

Blue definitely feels like Hades is likely.

I'm feeling like the purple might be the Evil Queen. I think it's likely they'll stick with more nostalgic Disney villains as much as I like Yzma. Although the reflection does make it look like the shape is kind wide at the bottom which could reflect Yzma's style of dress.

The "red" looks more like a pink/magenta to me, and looks really thin so I'm thinking Dr. Facilier because of his body shape (although I admit he's not really a classic villain as I argued with Evil Queen).



Yeah, I could see them going the more “classic” Disney Villain route and include the Evil Queen. A lot of people have said Cruella De Vil was part of the original playtesting so could she maybe be the red/pink/magenta? I would associate her more with yellow or white but I suppose her gloves, shoes, and the inside of her coat are all red.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy S
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I'm thinking Cruella, Hades and Madam Mim for now.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Austin
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Definitely thinking Madam Mim (pink), Yzma (purple), and Hades (blue).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hades is the blue one for sure.

Purple is Evil Queen I'm betting.

I predict pink is Lady Tremaine.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
This is a fun guessing game, at least. Whoever guesses all three correct gets a prize! (...that may be nothing more than bragging rights, but we'll see.)

Purple is a hard color to guess since fully half of the characters on the "Which do you want to play" poll wear purple.

Purple could be Evil Queen
Blue could be Hades
Red/Burgundy could be Lady Tremaine
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cee Phour
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is a lot of fun (perhaps more fun than good), and we are all clamoring for "expansion packs" with additional villains... but is that what the mass market looks for?

Do people wander in to Target and look for a small add-on pack to a board game? Or do they look for more of a "full package" box?

I propose a new "season" (a la Dice Throne) would garner more sales.

A Villainous "red box", "blue box", "yellow box" (we already have the "green box") that is FULLY PLAYABLE (and mixable with other "seasons") would appeal more to the mass market crowd.
8 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ry4Christ wrote:
Yeah, I could see them going the more “classic” Disney Villain route and include the Evil Queen. A lot of people have said Cruella De Vil was part of the original playtesting so could she maybe be the red/pink/magenta? I would associate her more with yellow or white but I suppose her gloves, shoes, and the inside of her coat are all red.

Yeah, I'd envision Cruella being an opportunity for them to have a white or grey figure and not create a third reddish figure unless they had to.

Perhaps whatever reasons they didn't include Cruella in the base game were not solved for an expansion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Renner
United States
flag msg tools
Does “join the ranks of Villainous next month” mean the expansion and who’s in it will be announced next month or does it mean the expansion releases next month? Obviously we all want it to be the latter, but honestly I’m impressed there’s expansion news at all just 6 months after the base game release!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Donogh
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am very curious where the information about play testing Cruella stems from.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Renner
United States
flag msg tools
NPCAaron wrote:
I am very curious where the information about play testing Cruella stems from.


Yeah that’s just something I’ve seen on Reddit posts. I don’t know of any evidence. It may just be rumors.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting guesses. Purple also could be Dr. Faciller.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Renner
United States
flag msg tools
I would be surprised if they do Madam Mim as she isn’t as well known, but I hope they do. I think they could do something really cool where most of the Heroes are Merlin’s different animal forms and Mim’s allies are her different animal forms and she needs specific forms to beat specific Merlin forms like in SitS.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Renner
United States
flag msg tools
ceephour wrote:
The game is a lot of fun (perhaps more fun than good), and we are all clamoring for "expansion packs" with additional villains... but is that what the mass market looks for?

Do people wander in to Target and look for a small add-on pack to a board game? Or do they look for more of a "full package" box?

I propose a new "season" (a la Dice Throne) would garner more sales.

A Villainous "red box", "blue box", "yellow box" (we already have the "green box") that is FULLY PLAYABLE (and mixable with other "seasons") would appeal more to the mass market crowd.


This is a GREAT idea. I agree with you that it would have more mass market appeal. But if the way they seem to be doing it means 3 more villains sooner, then I’m all for that!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Renner
United States
flag msg tools
NPCChris wrote:
wizcreations wrote:
It's not like they're going to design 3 new villains in a single month. So either the votes don't matter, or they have so many villains already designed that they are choosing to release them slowly.
Indeed. By "vote" they mean guess.


Chris, are you able to confirm whether the announcement means an expansion and its villains will be announced next month or actually released next month?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rowlands
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ry4Christ wrote:
Chris, are you able to confirm whether the announcement means an expansion and its villains will be announced next month or actually released next month?


TBH, there are folks at the studio that have the answer to that question, but I personally don't know. I imagine that we'll be getting more concrete info soon, and I'm looking forward to it as well!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Renner
United States
flag msg tools
NPCChris wrote:
Ry4Christ wrote:
Chris, are you able to confirm whether the announcement means an expansion and its villains will be announced next month or actually released next month?


TBH, there are folks at the studio that have the answer to that question, but I personally don't know. I imagine that we'll be getting more concrete info soon, and I'm looking forward to it as well!


Thanks for the response! I can’t wait to see what you guys have cooked up for us 🙂 It’s awesome to know one of the designers is a true fan of the game too - that passion shines through in the design of Villainous in my opinion.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reilly Coughlin
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
wizcreations wrote:
This is a fun guessing game, at least. Whoever guesses all three correct gets a prize! (...that may be nothing more than bragging rights, but we'll see.)

Purple is a hard color to guess since fully half of the characters on the "Which do you want to play" poll wear purple.

Purple could be Evil Queen
Blue could be Hades
Red/Burgundy could be Lady Tremaine
'

Well it could just be wishful thinking but could Red be Scar? I'm not sure what other bright colour he'd be given black and yellow are already gone.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmb
Randomise42 wrote:
Well it could just be wishful thinking but could Red be Scar? I'm not sure what other bright colour he'd be given black and yellow are already gone.


I mean my first thought would be that he'd be orange or brown.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Renner
United States
flag msg tools
vaughnerich wrote:
Randomise42 wrote:
Well it could just be wishful thinking but could Red be Scar? I'm not sure what other bright colour he'd be given black and yellow are already gone.


I mean my first thought would be that he'd be orange or brown.


I thought of Scar for Red too, but I agree he would probably be brown for his fur - or black for his mane. Although the more I look at it, the “red” light in the Instagram photo looks more pinkish.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.