Subject: Too many CEPs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mateusz M
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,
I Wonder what rule can we be missing.
We have jsut played our second game of CO2 and again the only thing that decided the winner was the amount of CEPs he held in his hand and in his regions. The price always end up at 8 as nobody sells it, nobody buys it and it slowly is depleted by techs CEPs.
SHould the final price always be at 8?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Only played the new edition once and the price of CEP's also maxed out at 8. I am also interested in other's experiences with this as in the first ed the price rarely maxed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz M
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hmm I still play the old version and our price maxes out, so this is actually different experience

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
constantly thinking on variants to create and implement
mbmbmbmbmb
nilfheim wrote:
Sould the final price always be at 8?
CEPs market top values are 1 minimum and 8 maximum. That being said, it's not common that no-one sell CEPs. It's a good way of gain money, specially if their price is high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Situations like this are either that rules were played wrong or there's a group think and suboptimal play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Coleman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In our first play yesterday, the CEP market also maxed out at 8, but there were only 1-2 CEPs left to cash in! All were spent paying for plants, infrastructure or, more commonly, for event penalties. Rarely did all 4 of us meet the event requirements, but we had control in another area to pay the penalty. This was especially true from the the 3rd decade on when there were events in two regions each decade.

Compared to the original, I found this version unusually tight in CEPs and much harder to advance on the income tracks due to restricted scientist placement and movement. No one came close to maxing out even one track, getting to only about the 3rd space from the end in one track. Money was also very tight as a result. We came within one group think in the 3rd decade of losing, building three power plants in the last 3 player turns to keep the CO2 from crashing 500 ppm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls