GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,553 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Jurassic Farm? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, scientists have found fossils showing that velociraptors had feathers. I think Dave Kellett of Sheldon has nailed the general Geek response to this news:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"The general geek response", huh?

Odd - I'd think the general geek response would be to not transplant a hideously-anachronistic image (a chicken) onto a millions-of-years-old prehistoric animal.

But maybe I'm giving "geeks" too much credit.... if all they can think of is chickens and contemporary feathers when they read about prehistoric animals, I guess they're just as uninformed and limited in thinking as non-geeks. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
reapersaurus wrote:

But maybe I'm giving "geeks" too much credit.... if all they can think of is chickens and contemporary feathers when they read about prehistoric animals, I guess they're just as uninformed and limited in thinking as non-geeks. shake

I'm a geek, and....PLUTO IS A PLANET!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
My son (geek-in-training) LOVES the BBC show "Prehistoric Park", which is actually pretty close to "Jurassic Farm" in that they have a recurring veterinarian character, egg incubating, etc. Anyway, it is pretty up-to-date on the whole feather thing and they have depicted many small dinosaurs with feathers. It actually looks pretty cool: think mating rituals, not chickens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Give it up, Chapel--Pluto is an unfunny, voiceless dog. Science made a mistake back in 1927 and it took 'em 80 years to correct it. No planet for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
reapersaurus wrote:

Wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, there's more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.