Popular Tags: [View All]
Misha Nosiara
Australia
Como
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played for the first time last night and had a great time! Two player only - my daughter and myself - as my son wanted to watch the last episode of Buffy (don't ask). This being our first game we didn't worry too much about planning or strategy, but just played to get a feel of the game. Rules are refreshingly short, but there's a lot to consider.

I made the mistake of grabbing too many tickets, and not thinking about exactly how many routes I could lay before my trains ran out. It finally came down to the last turn, and I knew I would win by placing a one train route from Nashville (I think) to Atlanta to score for both Montreal and New York to Atlanta. My daughter had her final turn and realised she didn't have any routes she could complete so just went for a 1 point claim - and took my route!!

I couldn't believe it! She won solely due to this final turn choice!

Great fun. Next time I think I'll grab lots of the 1 space routes early to protect against this problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
Misha99 (#37754),
yes in a 2 player game, those double routes that turn into single route can really kill you! laugh
eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.