Hide
14 Posts

Viticulture Essential Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Automa and Tuscany expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Helwig
msg tools
I'm eager to check out the Tuscany Essential edition, but I was curious about the compatibility with the automa from Viticulture Essential edition-- does anyone know if it's compatible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the automa cards from the base game are color coded to the new season board in Tuscany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Helwig
msg tools
But can you play the modules of Tuscany with the base campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't actually played with the Automa - I prefer to play games with people, but considering it historically, the Automa originally came with Tuscany NOT Viticulture so it would be very surprising if it doesn't work.

Checking the original (KS) Tuscany rules... (Slightly paraphrased for brevity)
Quote:
The solitaire game can be played with any combination of expansions based on the tiered system [remember this is from the original] in Tuscany, with the following exceptions:
Patronage: Before shuffling remove cards that refer to other players
Special Workers: Farmer, Mafioso, Professore, Politico, Oracle, Messenger & traveler CAN be used
Mafia: Not compatible
Extended Board/Structures: Place Automa stars on Influence map territories [details omitted]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
helwrj28 wrote:

My understanding is the campaign is for base set only. I tried to do it and it wasn’t making sense and some here at bg corrected me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Cox
United Kingdom
Bicester
flag msg tools
BOO!
badge
I do really love fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tuscany rules explain how to play solo. I don't have them in front of me but do believe that this includes the campaign!

I am looking to play the solo mode campaign as soon as life calms down and was hoping to play with the expansion as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon L
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
helwrj28 wrote:

There is a separate solo campaign for Tuscany which incorporates the modules. The Automa cards included with V:EE work with both the base game and Tuscany (certain Automa actions are only taken if you are playing with Tuscany).

You can find the campaign instruction and score sheets here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/140943/viticulture-and-tu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
helwrj28 wrote:
I'm eager to check out the Tuscany Essential edition, but I was curious about the compatibility with the automa from Viticulture Essential edition-- does anyone know if it's compatible?

The campaign for Viticulture Essential Edition doesn't work in Tuscany Essential Edition without some house ruling, because Tuscany makes a lot of changes to the game.

When I originally created the Automa it was included in a larger Tuscany expansion and it had a campaign, but again you'd have to do a bit of house ruling to make it compatible with Tuscany Essential Edition.

We have a couple of challenges posted here on BGG that we made for Tuscany that are slightly more complex than the challenges in the the Viticulture campaign.

I've been working on a campaign for Tuscany Essential Edition, but it's much more ambitious. I haven't had time to on it for the past half year or so and it might end up not working well enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Helwig
msg tools
Thank you for the quick response! Love this game Morten! Could you provide a link for the campaign you're referring to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
helwrj28 wrote:
Thank you for the quick response! Love this game Morten!

helwrj28 wrote:
Could you provide a link for the campaign you're referring to?

Are you asking about the campaign I have in development? If so it starts here: Toils of the Vines – help me make a continuous campaign for Viticulture: Tuscany.

I recommend not playing it until I've made the next update and I don't know when I'll have the time to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
helwrj28 wrote:
Thank you for the quick response! Love this game Morten!

helwrj28 wrote:
Could you provide a link for the campaign you're referring to?

Are you asking about the campaign I have in development? If so it starts here: Toils of the Vines – help me make a continuous campaign for Viticulture: Tuscany.

I recommend not playing it until I've made the next update and I don't know when I'll have the time to do that.

Forgot to add that the campaign for the original Tuscany can be found on page 21 of this rulebook: https://app.box.com/s/3jpohwjk1bpjasahg642

Two of the expansion modules used at the end of that campaign can be bought from a print on demand third party: https://www.printplaygames.com/product/arboriculture-and-for...

There's still an expansion missing that isn't in print anymore, can't remember the name, but it's sort of a secret objective system. In addition the original Tuscany expansion had the visitors split into 2 or 3 modules and the campaign is based on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:

<SNIP>
There's still an expansion missing that isn't in print anymore, can't remember the name, but it's sort of a secret objective system. In addition the original Tuscany expansion had the visitors split into 2 or 3 modules and the campaign is based on that.

I was looking at it today... Patronage
And there were two sets of visitors: Advanced and New visitors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GregDarcy wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:

<SNIP>

I was looking at it today... Patronage
And there were two sets of visitors: Advanced and New visitors.

That sounds right and I think that the two sets of visitors were in addition to the set in the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls