Subject: End of round sequence? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rex Nebular
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Do you resolve "end of round" effects on cards before drawing an agenda card or vice versa?

I just finished the Commonwealth scenario and whether I won, depends on this. The #024 card, 'Derailed' causes the courser to move towards the railroad "at the end of each round", which would have advanced the institute track enough for me to declare victory with the two Security agenda cards I had in hand.

However, I was down to the last agenda card, so if that was to be drawn first, the deck would have been reshuffled and both factions moved forward on the track. In this case the institute would not have been ahead of the other faction enough for me to get to 11 influence, causing me to lose the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Draxon Bailo
Australia
Uranquinty
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would probably say it happens before drawing an Agenda card.
Why? In the rules reference it says under the round heading:
"...before the first player takes his or her turn the first player reveals the top card of the agenda deck..."
That to me reads the drawing of the agenda card is the very last thing done in a round right just before the first player takes their turn..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Pritchard
United States
Highlands Ranch
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sure wish the rules were specific on this point. I have the exact same situation with the Capital Wasteland scenario.
One agenda card left and BOTH factions are on the last space of the power track. A certain quest marker is one space away from its destination which it will move toward “at the end of the round.” If that’s supposed to happen before the agenda draw, I’d win the game. If the agenda draw is supposed to happen first, I lose.

This situation with a final quest card triggering an action at the end of a round is used in at least half the scenarios, so it’s really unfortunate that FFG apparently didn’t cover this in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Solo player that don't play solo
badge
Solo player that don't play solo
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you could resolve it anytime during the "End of round" phase...so before or after.

I don't think there is any instances that would break the game if you resolved it before or after drawing the Agenda card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls