Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Faction you're loyal to wins the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
Hello folks! Just started playing recently and I've been thinking about this. The rulebook just says that all players lose, regardless of their loyalty choices. As someone who loves the role-playing aspect of board games I'm willing to ignore the rule and say whoever's loyal to the faction could also win. But then there's the question: does it makes sense? I see two options:

— You were a true follower of the said faction, you shared their goals and ideals and perhaps they've accepted you as a member, although there's no way to tell if that really happened in the actual board game. In this case winning the game seems like a natural outcome, should the faction conquer the Wasteland.

— You don't like the guys that much, maybe at all, but you were willing to pretend in order to pursue your interests. A very Fallout thing to do in fact. However, this means that the faction's goals and moral values, if you like, don't match yours. I can't see how you'd win the game in such case.

So how do we distinguish between the two? I don't know.

Then there's the balance issues. If you pledge loyal to a faction just before it wins wouldn't that be cheap? Possibly add the requirement to be loyal for X turns before the faction wins.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone experimented with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the better house rules I’ve seen is that you can only declare loyalty to a faction in the green or yellow zone of the track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mcgamin

Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
One of the better house rules I’ve seen is that you can only declare loyalty to a faction in the green or yellow zone of the track.

I like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Novac
Latvia
flag msg tools
sdiberar wrote:
Additional to this, survivor can not change side. If survivor declared loyalty to the Security (for example), he/she can not declare loyalty to the freedom anymore, no matter what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls