BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: Geek buddy conundrum -- New user has 430 geek buddies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not sure what's going on but I checked my Geekstuff page today and saw I was on someone's geekbuddy list. Growing suspicious I clicked the url to display whose list I was on. Turns out I am on some guy's list named Ben Lott. What's unusual about this? Well, according to his profile he only registered six days ago and now has 430 geek buddies. I'm stumped as to why anyone would need that many geek buddies let alone how they got so many in such a short time. Anyone know what's up?

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have no clue who this guy is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
He has added 430 users to his buddy list - most likely for GeekBuddy analysis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this was done to compile the top ten list of games of The Dice Tower guild members. Here is the thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/212323
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
430 geek buddys? That's not much. There's a user 1000rpm data mining that has 1146 geek buddys.

But this one has stated in his profile:
"This is an additional user profile that I have set up purely to mine data - using the geekbuddy facility for example."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just looked and I'm not on his list!

Now I feel really, really, REALLY depressed.

Let's go find a pigeon to abuse.

" Geggy No Mates " signing off.

crycrycry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
aristotle73 wrote:
I'm stumped as to why anyone would need that many geek buddies let alone how they got so many in such a short time. .

Just because I think it need clarification. He has "added" 430 people to his geek buddy list. Only 1 other person added him to the their list. It's easy to run down a list of 430 people and add them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.