Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Owen
United Kingdom
Appleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
With due thanks to Steve Carey & the designer Joseph Miranda:

The setup rules 3.1/7 and 8d contradict whether the Objective card is played face up or face down. I presume it is face up, 17.0?

Correct.

Allied Reaction 8.44 states both to draw/don’t draw a Plot card while in a Friendly Port. I presume it is draw, 14.8?

If you are in a friendly port (i.e., one with a marker per 8.42) or Allied (i.e., enemy) port, then draw. If in a neutral port (e.g., Manila) do not draw. The idea is that neutral ports are "safe" locations so nothing happens plot-wise.

Stalemate is mentioned in 15.9 as a combat end condition but it is not explained as referenced to 15.2; how does a Stalemate occur?

Drop the reference to Stalemate. Originally, this was if neither side inflicted any hits in combat for a round, but this led to odd situations.

Note that the Turn Sequence on the Episode mat does not match the Turn Sequence listed in 4.1; I’m going with the rules version as it is more complete.

Rules are correct. The Port Phase got dropped from the mat.

Under cargo on the ship mats, the numbered box sequence has a dash (-) between slots 6 and 7; is this dashed space unusable or is it a free space for crew/gear?

Skip that space. The idea was to make the Cargo boxes flush right.

Setup has the Uber-Nemesis mixed in with all the Nemesis cards (of which there are 11), but late in the same section it says the Plot deck will have 1 Uber-Nemesis and 8 Nemesis cards.

So, are 3 random Nemesis cards not used (set aside) or are all 11 utilized?

There are 8 x regular Nemesis cards, 3 x Uber-Nemesis cards, and 3 x sequel Nemeses cards. For the first game episode, shuffle in the 8 regular Nemeses plus one randomnly picked Uber Nemesis for a total of 9.

In sequel games, pick from the 6 total Uber- and sequel Uber-Nemeses.

I have 11 x regular Nemesis cards, 3 x Uber-Nemesis cards, and 3 x sequel Uber-Nemesis cards for a total of 17 Nemeses cards (not 14).

This is correct. You start with 11 regular Nemesis cards plus one Uber-Nemesis. (I was looking at an earlier rules draft).

One more, the ship is parked on the Objective hex but is repeatedly failing to accomplish the mission (rolling very badly). So it is repeatedly incurring damage (1 Engine), but with repair crew onboard and the ship not moving, it simply repairs the damage at the start of every new turn. After drawing a Plot, it then rolls for success again each turn until achieved.

Which rule causes the damage

It’s an Objective card, in this case Radium Batteries (Fail: Lose 1 Engine Point).

In this case, yes, it works this way.

Note there is an error on this card as a Success grants Cruise speed without expending coal; I gather it should be Max speed since Cruise speed does not expend coal.

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Owen
United Kingdom
Appleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
More from Consimworld:

ARC OF THE KAISER’S LAST RAIDER ERRATA By Designer Joseph Miranda, 10 February 2019

[3.0] Setting Up the Game
8d: place the Objective card face up. ([7.0] Is correct.)
Under the Notes it should read “1 x Uber-Nemesis and 11 x regular Nemesis cards.”

[8.44] Allied Reaction
Second sentence: you do pick a Plot card when in a friendly port; you do not do so when in a Neutral space.

[15.9] Number of Rounds Potentially
Ignore the reference to “Stalemate.” (As an optional rule: a Stalemate occurs if neither side rolls any 6s [15.2], at which time point the battle comes to an end.)

Episode Card
The turn structure in the rules is correct [4.1]. The Plot phase was omitted from the card.

Raider Display
The space on the Cargo Index between 6 and 7 (with a dash) is ignored in the sense you may not place Cargo on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Owen
United Kingdom
Appleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Again from Consimworld:

Internment [13.3]: the rule as written makes outfitting/repairing in neutral/friendly ports impossible, as doing so would make one skip the Movement phase and hence make it impossible to leave the port, but this contradicts what is written in rule [8.4] and relative subcases.

[13.3] You must move out on the turn following the one in which you outfit/repair.

Can you decide to 'fail' an episode without waiting for the deadline to expire?

No. Ye olde editor would not allow this!

The Episode track has six spaces. You win a series if you accomplish at least 4 objectives. What happens if you do not accomplish that by the 6th episode?

You lose. [20.5]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls