1 Posts

Super Munchkin» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Super Boring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D

168 cards, rules, 1 dice. The cards are full color with yellow background and red borders. The illustrations are cartoony and not as funny as the Munchkin Cthulhu ones (with exception of Markov The Beast that is represented by a circus bear with 666 on it's forehead).

Be the first Superhero to reach level 10.

Like on every Munchkin game you open doors to see if a villain arises in the Horizon. Instead of Curses you have TRAPS here that can be your hero's demise. The way to defeat the villains is by comparing your actual level with any special powers you have plus any bonus your items grant you, with the level of the villain. If you have the higher one you win the encounter and draw a treasure.

This game is different to Munchkin Cthulhu for the concept of using powers. These allow your superheroes to have extra bonuses or abilities that can be useful during the game. The powers have ranks of use so you can have as many powers as you want as long as the total rank do not exceed the level of your hero.

Also you can have sidekicks that grant extra bonuses and Meta-abilities that enhance the way you play the game (secret HQ, Flight, secret Identity). Every superhero needs an Origin and this cards allow you special rule modifiations too.

And finally there are classes: Mutant, Exotic, Mystic that define some "extra" rule changes.

The other players can help you defeat a villain or put things worst for you.

This game was a down to me. It takes a lot more than Munchkin Cthulhu to play, the drawings are not as clever and you cannot relate to it. I am a comic collector yet I felt eventhough this game has some nice jokes it is very boring and a party killer. I would like to say it's more of the same but I cannot even confirm that. It's far from a party game and even fardest from a RPG. I cannot even place it in any define category, not even ORIGINAL so I will add one: WASTE OF TIME GAME. I don't think I will ever touch this game again and if I do and change my oppinion you will find a new review of this MASTERPIECE OF SLEEP.

Oh, and I almost forgot: WE ALL HATED THE YELLOW BACKGROUND. For some reason it's a concentration killer and the red text doesn't help much either.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.