C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player signups have begun for play-by-forum PACG gaming for Outpost II, which starts in March 2019. There is no registration fee. You just need to own a class deck to participate.

General:

Outpost II info:

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs42ffc?Announcing-Outpost-II

The Google doc for player signups is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12IjtALjzmoIIzEmAXeBf...

(Scroll down to the bottom of the "Signups" tab.)

New online players are welcome...

Resources:

For information about play-by-post PACG, here's an old announcement that gives more detail about how pbp actually works:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2009017/next-online-play-po...

This is a Paizo thread to practice rolling dice, etc., in forum play:

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2v7dj?Playbyforum-test-thread-T...

If you've never done "organized play" (OP) Pathfinder, you'll need to create and register a character. A Quickstart Guide for OP can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8m2tchye3b4w84/PACG_OP_Quickstart...

You'll also want to use a spreadsheet deckhandler. There are online and offline options. Most people use an online Google sheets version, which can be downloaded here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12e_Cu06pPyIGrsIurW4K...

(I use an offline version, myself. If you contact me via BGG mail I can send you a copy.)

More info about the deckhandler:

https://paizo.com/campaigns/PFSACGFlaxseedOnDeckAdventureCar...

Side Notes:

There's a time investment in learning how to manage your deck via spreadsheet, keep track of the campaign, and do your postings. But it's definitely doable, and there are people available to help.

It took me a while to find my active campaigns on Paizo.com. The easiest way is to log in to paizo.com, and go to /My Account/My Profile/Campaigns.

Play-by-post PACG is completely free if you already own a class deck. Not a bad deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here is a way to help with online postings that will hopefully speed up the process. Note: The following method uses Chrome.

* Install Chrome Plugin - Auto Text Expander for Google Chrome™
* On the top right hand hand side of Chrome click on the 3 dots, More Tools, and then Extensions..or paste the following in Chrome: chrome://extensions/
- Find Auto Text Expander for Google Chrome™ and make sure enabled and click Details..or paste this in Chrome: chrome://extensions/?id=iibninhmiggehlcdolcilmhacighjamp[/url]
Find Extension Options and click on link..or paste the following in Chrome: chrome-extension://iibninhmiggehlcdolcilmhacighjamp/options.html
Can optionally (and recommended to do so) limit plugin to paizo.com and anydice.com site(s)
Click on Import/Export and save current json text if desired and then copy and paste the text that is listed below under Paizo PBP macro settings. If you already use the plugin then you may need to review and merge these changes
* Review instructions for plugin on how to change and save settings and then customize for your characters. Most of the macros start by copying or cutting the text to the clipboard and then enter the code to paste formatted text. Note that the code must be typed; pasting the code won't trigger it. Some of the text will need to be updated after entering it such as DCs or if a skill check does not succeed, turn number, blessing, etc. For example if you type zut followed by a space, an untrained check statement is generated.
- The naming convention I use is the following (all lowercase since plugin is cAsE sensitive:
Generic commands: z{brief code}{space} where brief code can be one of the following or any others you want to add:
- ad : take contents of clipboard such as 1d12+3 and put it in format used for https://anydice.com/
- b : bold the contents of clipboard
- d : take contents of clipboard such as 1d12+3 and prepare it for a random dice roll
- e : use the contents of clipboard to explore a specific card such as Festhall Card 7: Sea Drake
- i : italize the contents of clipboard
- ooc : out of character the contents of clipboard
- post : Generic Template for creating PBP ACG turn. Update to taste.
- s : spoiler the contents of clipboard
- talk : Make speech from the contents of clipboard
- url : Make generic link from the contents of clipboard
- ut : Create an untrained skill check statement
character specific commands: z{character name}{space} or z{character initial}{brief code}{space}
The following are the full examples from the goblin promo character Ranzak
- zranzak : Post template for Ranzak. Update to taste.
- zrstr : Strength check for Ranzak
- zrdex : Dexterity check for Ranzak
- zrcon : Constitution check for Ranzak
- zrint : Intelligence check for Ranzak
- zrwis : Wisdom check for Ranzak
- zrcha : Charisma check for Ranzak
- zrraid : check Ranzak needs to make after acquiring a boon
- See the other examples in the extension settings

Paizo PBP macro settings

{
"000@ ": "Check out https://boardgamegeek.com/article/31165609 and give a thumbs up to wkover and Zalarian for PBP info. Don't forget to support the developer of this plugin if you can.",
"brb ": "be right back",
"dt ": "it is %d(MMMM Do YYYY, h:mm:ss a) right now",
"e@ ": "email.me@carlinyuen.com",
"p@ ": "This is your final warning: %clip% ",
"sign@ ": "<strong>. Carlin</strong>\nChrome Extension Developer\n<a href=\"mailto:email.me@carlinyuen.com\">email.me@carlinyuen.com</a>",
"zad ": "output %clip% named \"Choice\" \\AnyDice\\",
"zb ": "[b]%clip%[/b]",
"zbekah ": "[b]Out of Turn Updates: [/b] [ooc]None[/ooc]\n\n[b]Turn Order: [/b][ooc]Aric, Balazar, Bekah, Lirianne[/ooc]\n[b]Turn:[/b] XX - Blessings Deck Card XX / Blessing of XX [/ooc] \n[b]SOT: [/b][ooc]Use Power to put XX on Top to draw XX into hand. [/ooc]\n[b]Give Card: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Move: [/b][ooc] XX -> YY[/ooc]\n[b]Explore: [/b][ooc] XX [/ooc]\n\n\n[b]EOT: [/b][ooc]End Turn and Reset hand[/ooc]\n\n[u]Summary[/u]\n[b]Acquired: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Banished: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Examined: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Random Card(s) Used: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Displayed: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Other Player(s) Resources Used: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Actions needed by other Player(s): [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]",
"zd ": "[dice= Random Roll]%clip%[/dice]",
"ze ": "[b]Explore: [/b] [ooc]%clip%[/ooc]",
"zi ": "[i]%clip%[/i]",
"zmeliski ": "[b]Out of Turn Updates: [/b] [ooc]None[/ooc]\n\n[b]Turn Order: [/b][ooc]Harsk, Seelah, Meliski, Reiko[/ooc]\n[b]Turn:[/b] XX - Blessings Deck Card XX / Blessing of XX [/ooc] \n[b]SOT: [/b][ooc] None [/ooc]\n[b]Give Card: [/b][ooc] None [/ooc]\n[b]Move: [/b][ooc] XX -> YY [/ooc]\n[b]Explore: [/b][ooc] XX [/ooc]\n\n\n[b]EOT: [/b][ooc]End Turn and Reset hand[/ooc]\n\n[u]Summary[/u]\n[b]Acquired: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Banished: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Examined: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Random Card(s) Used: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Displayed: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Other Player(s) Resources Used: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Actions needed by other Player(s): [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]",
"zooc ": "[ooc]%clip%[/ooc]",
"zpost ": "[b]Out of Turn Updates: [/b] [ooc]None[/ooc]\n\n[b]Turn:[/b] XX - Blessings of XX [/ooc] \n[b]SOT: [/b][ooc] None [/ooc]\n[b]Give Card: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Move: [/b][ooc] XX -> YY [/ooc]\n[b]Explore: [/b][ooc] XX [/ooc]\n\n\n[b]EOT: [/b][ooc]End Turn and Reset hand[/ooc]\n\n[u]Summary[/u]\n[b]Acquired: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Banished: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Examined: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Random Card(s) Used: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Displayed: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Other Player(s) Resources Used: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Actions needed by other Player(s): [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]",
"zranzak ": "[b]Out of Turn Updates: [/b] [ooc]None[/ooc]\n\n[b]Turn Order: [/b][ooc]Celeste, Ranzak, Grazzle, Radovan[/ooc]\n[b]Turn:[/b] XX - Blessings of XX [/ooc] \n[b]SOT: [/b][ooc] None [/ooc]\n[b]Give Card: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Move: [/b][ooc] XX -> YY [/ooc]\n[b]Explore: [/b][ooc] XX [/ooc]\n\n\n[b]EOT: [/b][ooc]End Turn and Reset hand[/ooc]\n\n[u]Summary[/u]\n[b]Acquired: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Banished: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Examined: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Random Card(s) Used: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Displayed: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Other Player(s) Resources Used: [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]\n[b]Actions needed by other Player(s): [/b][ooc]None[/ooc]",
"zrcha ": "[Dice=Charisma Check DC XX]1d6+0[/DICE] [ooc]Success[/ooc]",
"zrcon ": "[Dice=Constitution Check DC XX]1d12+0[/DICE] [ooc]Success[/ooc]",
"zrdex ": "[Dice=Dexterity Check DC XX]1d10+3[/DICE] [ooc]Success[/ooc]",
"zrdisable ": "[Dice=Disable Check DC XX]1d10+4[/DICE] [ooc]Success[/ooc]",
"zrfort ": "[Dice=Fortitude Check DC XX]1d12+1[/DICE] [ooc]Success[/ooc]",
"zrint ": "[Dice=Intelligence Check DC XX]1d4+0[/DICE] [ooc]Success[/ooc]",
"zrraid ": "[Dice=Boon Acquired - Raid Check DC 3]1d6[/DICE] Raid away!",
"zrstealth ": "[Dice=Stealth Check DC XX]1d10+4[/DICE] [ooc]Success[/ooc]",
"zrstr ": "[Dice=Strength Check DC XX]1d4+0[/DICE] [ooc]Success[/ooc]",
"zrsurvival ": "[Dice=Survival Check DC XX]1d4+5[/DICE] [ooc]Success[/ooc]",
"zrut ": "[Dice=Untrained Skill Check DC XX]1d4+0[/DICE] [ooc]Success[/ooc]",
"zrwis ": "[Dice=Wisdom Check DC XX]1d4+2[/DICE] [ooc]Success[/ooc]",
"zs ": "[spoiler=spoiler]%clip%[/spoiler]",
"ztalk ": "[b]\"%clip%\"[/b]",
"zurl ": "[url=%clip%] Link [/url]",
"zut ": "[Dice=Untrained Skill Check DC XX]1d4+0[/DICE] [ooc]Success[/ooc]"
}

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Another Chrome plugin is the Paizo Campaign tools plugin. It is very useful when you have multiple campaigns to see if any new posts as well as defaulting a specific profile to each campaign.

Here is the Link to the plugin: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/paizo-campaign-too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last call! Outpost 2 starts in 2 days...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls