Leaving Earth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Buying A Component From An Opponent rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pieter Van Keer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While this may not come up often, I heard or read this somewhere and I hope somebody can help me find it in the rule book. Playing with other players you can make deals, and buy parts, research, and available space in another players rocket.
I understand:
1)If I have available space on my rocket that I can take another players components up.
2)You can give other players rockets (components)
3)You can purchase another players research, and get the card with as many outcomes as the other player has.

My question is, If I do not own Juno Tech, and buy or am gifted a Juno Rocket, do I get the Tech? If so with as many outcomes as were the rocket came from or with 3 (completely untested)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S J
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Decerto wrote:

My question is, If I do not own Juno Tech, and buy or am gifted a Juno Rocket, do I get the Tech? If so with as many outcomes as were the rocket came from or with 3 (completely untested)
Yes, you get the tech (advancement). With as many outcomes as the other player has. edit

see answer below

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bevilacqua
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Touttabac wrote:
Decerto wrote:

Yes, you get the tech (advancement). With as many outcomes as the other player has.
Actually, you only get the tech with 3 new outcomes when you fire the Juno.

You are referring to buying the tech from another player, not the actual component.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S J
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GamerMike wrote:
Touttabac wrote:
Decerto wrote:

Yes, you get the tech (advancement). With as many outcomes as the other player has.
Actually, you only get the tech with 3 new outcomes when you fire the Juno.

You are referring to buying the tech from another player, not the actual component.

True. You are right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I beg to differ with the above answers.

You can own any component through trade with other players, but it doesn't come with a free tech. Research trade is separate from component trade. If I receive a Juno, but don't have the tech, I can't operate that Juno rocket until I acquire the tech, either through research or trade.

My mistake, see below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules, v4n, pg. 23 wrote:
When you fire a rocket or an ion thruster, draw an outcome card from your advancement for that rocket/thruster to see if it is successful.*
Rules, v4n, pg. 23, footnote wrote:
If you do not have an advancement for that rocket/thruster — because someone else gave you a component that you could not purchase — you gain the advancement automatically at this time, along with a full set of outcomes on it, just as if you had researched the advancement yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls