Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I played a game of this today and there was one bit of clarification that I need. My opponent had only two cards left and during his attack phase both of his attacks went off before my attack did. When my attack went off I did enough damage to remove two cards. However he had no inactive cards left to destroy. The rules do make it clear that any weapon cards that still had not fired are destroyed first but he had none. Does my attack destroy the last two cards or not? If not one could get into the situation where you could never win if your opponent has one weapon which is faster than all of yours provided that they fire it each turn.

HELP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damage is first taken from their hand/draw pile, then from cards in the firing line that have not fired yet, and then finally from weapons in the firing line that have already fired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weta Workshop
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge

Hi Arnaldo,

To avoid this issue coming up in the future, best to put each of your weapon cards straight into the discard pile (unless it's an orbital and needs to be placed directly into the damage pile) as soon as that attack has been resolved, as technically it is now an "offline" system.
This means your opponent would have had those 2 cards in his discard pile when you attacked him, and as it states in the Rulebook: "When there are no cards available in a player's Faction Deck to take Damage from, they should shuffle their Discard Pile to form a new Faction Deck and continue resolving Damage accordingly."
So yes, your attack would have forced him to place his last 2 cards into his damage pile, effectively destroying his Heavy Hitter.

Hope that helps, mate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weta_Workshop wrote:

Hi Arnaldo,

To avoid this issue coming up in the future, best to put each of your weapon cards straight into the discard pile (unless it's an orbital and needs to be placed directly into the damage pile) as soon as that attack has been resolved, as technically it is now an "offline" system.
This means your opponent would have had those 2 cards in his discard pile when you attacked him, and as it states in the Rulebook: "When there are no cards available in a player's Faction Deck to take Damage from, they should shuffle their Discard Pile to form a new Faction Deck and continue resolving Damage accordingly."
So yes, your attack would have forced him to place his last 2 cards into his damage pile, effectively destroying his Heavy Hitter.

Hope that helps, mate!
Perfect. This makes things clearer. This is how I thought that things worked but it wasn’t 100% clear...now it is.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls