Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Will the promos be at Dragon Con this year? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Noyb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I just found out that there were promos available at their booth last year. This is frustrating as I asked the guy at the booth if there were any and he said no. The year before that (I think it was a year before)I bought my game from the booth (Xander was there) and they had no promos either. They only asked me if I wanted Xander to sign my game, which was extra money.

I think Spike was at the booth when I stopped by last year. Although I could be mistaken since I see him so often it's hard to remember when and where.

So... if I stop by this year, can I still get promos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I know nothing about this as I never go to conventions, but... you say you saw Xander and Spike. Do you mean the original actors who played these characters go to conventions to promote this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Noyb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Correct. They sit at the table where they sell it. I've seen Cordelia at the table as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Noyb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I should clarify: that's not why they are there. They are there for panels and the room for celebrity signings. They sit at the board game table between those things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember right, Dragon Con is focused on fandoms in a more broad way. They have tons of actors and creators involved in popular tv, book, and movies. Something like a ComicCon for the east (though smaller).

I'm surprised the actors would be pushing a board game, but I guess Buffy is past it's prime and they're there to make a buck however they can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

More like... this is their career and they utilize as necessary - like a burger cook does daily flipping burgers or a vet does daily by owning pets. Nothing to shame at.

sirgalin wrote:
If I remember right, Dragon Con is focused on fandoms in a more broad way. They have tons of actors and creators involved in popular tv, book, and movies. Something like a ComicCon for the east (though smaller).

I'm surprised the actors would be pushing a board game, but I guess Buffy is past it's prime and they're there to make a buck however they can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls