Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve been looking at the War Council cards. There are only 4 sets of victory points for each faction (I’ll label them A, B, C, and D). If we assign numbers to each card top to bottom and left to right, then the victory points for men, elves, goblins, and beastlord are:

0608-1: AAAA
0608-2: AAAA
0608-3: BABB
0608-4: ABCC
0608-5: CCBD
0608-6: CBDB
0609-1: BDCB
0609-2: DBDC
0609-3: DCBD
0609-4: CDCD
0609-5: BDDA
0609-6: DCAC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Cooley
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a similar analysis of these cards. They could definitely use some revision. Two of the ones I have are identical!

What do you think should be done, based on your data?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 4x4x4x4 (256) permutations, so that's way more than the 12 (11 unique) that are provided. I wonder if there were certain combos that were favored, such as discouraging antagonism between some factions (for example, discouraging men and elves, or goblins and beastlord from attacking each other).

I should see if I can figure out the priorities of each card. Obviously, if you have a minus value for your own military units, you won't care as much about losing them, where a plus value will encourage you to protect them.

If you had 64 cards, you could give each player 4 stacks (one per faction) of 4 cards for drawing the victory points for each faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls