Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Trellis» Forums » General

Subject: Missing a flower and thoughts on components rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
I just picked up my copy from my local Target and I'm missing 1 flower token - 1 of the sets only has 14. Ugh.

Since it was intended to be a surprise for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day (I always check components first, specifically for this reason), I'll be exchanging it for another copy at Target. Pretty frustrating though.

As far as initial thoughts on components, the tiles are gorgeous - beautiful vivid colors and very nice printing, with a nice glossy finish and nice art on the back. The back artwork is centered nicely - no misalignment issues. The tiles may not be quite as thick as some would like, but they don't feel cheap. They should hold up well. The only issue I have with the tiles is that between 1/3 -1/2 of them have scuffs/nicks/scratches on the tops, which are quite noticeable due to the high gloss finish and deep black color. Very surprising, since the tiles were pre-cut and shrink-wrapped in 4 separate stacks, which means they were roughed up during manufacturing or handling prior to being sealed. There's really no reason for them to be scuffed like this right out of the box. The start tile was not sealed and was supposed to be in the center spot in the insert, but it had slipped out of place and rattled loose in the box, getting some scuffs. Still, they look very nice overall. Each of the 61 tiles are unique in terms of combinations of vines.

The manuals are printed well and the flower tokens are painted nicely. The box art stands out too. A very attractive game for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Breaking Games
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Mike) Thanks for picking up a copy of Trellis! Sorry about the component issues. Just in case you need further support don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Lo
msg tools
breaking_games wrote:
(Mike) Thanks for picking up a copy of Trellis! Sorry about the component issues. Just in case you need further support don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support. Enjoy!
My copy had 59 hex tiles + the starting tile. The instructions said there should be 60 + 1.

Each of the 4 packs of hex tiles were shrink wrapped but one pack only had 14 tiles instead of 15. How can I find out which tile is missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Gunther Herzog
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
harv3ster wrote:
breaking_games wrote:
My copy had 59 hex tiles + the starting tile. The instructions said there should be 60 + 1.

Each of the 4 packs of hex tiles were shrink wrapped but one pack only had 14 tiles instead of 15. How can I find out which tile is missing?
Just got mine the other day, maybe we can narrow it down. First, the shrink wrapped sets are really only four types, 15 of each...

1. Three tight curves, no crossovers.

2. One straight across with two wide curves, no crossovers.

3. One straight with two wide curves crossing over the straight.

4. Two wide curves crossing each other, with one tight curve.

Once you've established which of the above is coming up short, it's just a question of which colors are missing.

For each tile type, three of the colors will have a count of 7 tiles and the other three will have 8, and there will be 7 of a color in two types, and 8 in the other, so each color is represented 30 times (7+7+8+8) across the total of 60 tiles (not counting the start tile in this).

I can put that in chart form later but I'm not in front of the game right now. Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Lo
msg tools
PlowStr8 wrote:
harv3ster wrote:
breaking_games wrote:

Just got mine the other day, maybe we can narrow it down. First, the shrink wrapped sets are really only four types, 15 of each...

Once you've established which of the above is coming up short, it's just a question of which colors are missing.

For each tile type, three of the colors will have a count of 7 tiles and the other three will have 8, and there will be 7 of a color in two types, and 8 in the other, so each color is represented 30 times (7+7+8+8) across the total of 60 tiles (not counting the start tile in this).

I can put that in chart form later but I'm not in front of the game right now. Hope this helps.
Thank you! I narrowed it down to one of the missing straight pieces. I have

2 pink
2 red
2 yellow
3 green
2 blue
3 purple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Breaking Games
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
harv3ster wrote:
PlowStr8 wrote:
harv3ster wrote:
breaking_games wrote:

Thank you! I narrowed it down to one of the missing straight pieces. I have

2 pink
2 red
2 yellow
3 green
2 blue
3 purple
(Mike) Jamie, so sorry I am just seeing your initial post! Please do contact our customer service via the link (above in the thread) if you have not already. You will be sent a replacement tile at no cost to you.

Klaus, amazing help here! If you are not able to get the data you worked up into a chart and posted here in the files section, I will be happy to do that. Thanks so much!

Multiple Rounds Variant
Heads up that I like to play as many rounds as there are players summing up how many flowers each player played each round to determine each player's final score. Most flowers played wins. Enjoy!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls