Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else worried that with all the changes the game might not be the game we signed on for?

Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Birch
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little though I can only hope all this streamlining will bring the game to its maximum potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Having playtested it in its state just prior to UK Games Expo, and playtested the changes right up to the end of December: Yes, quite a lot of small mechanisms have been tweaked, adjusted or streamlined, but overall it's very much the same game experience.

The story aspect has been woven more into the overall game flow, to make it less predictable as to when stories occur and for whom, which gives more of a feeling of discovery of the world instead of making the timing of stories defined by user actions. And the combat mechanic has been much-streamlined (which will please a lot of people I demoed the game to at UKGE who were a little flummoxed by the combat rules - not that they were particularly complex, you just had to get your head around them; they're now much more logical, I think, and having the challenge stats on the combat cards instead of as tokens gives more reason to have to think more long-term strategy when doing a stats challenge AND a combat).

And the solo mode is good. Darn tough to beat, but good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I'm feeling better about it. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Birch
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Likewise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon calleja
Malta
Siggiewi
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hey guys, the rulebook is up on our site so you can have a look and get a feel for the final version of the game.

https://www.mighty-boards.com/posthumansaga

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls