Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this in a Chapter 1 Sessions report but not sure if anyone would see it there. Re-posting it as it's own thread. Don't think this is too spoiler-y but I'll hide the details just in case.

I just want to confirm a rule for episode 1 and the triumph log:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The star for the revealed objective says mark it on your triumph log for ANY category. The triumph log rules say “one category per episode”. Some players wanted to double up their stars in the same column because it said “any”, for example two stars in the column for the objective category.

My thoughts are, you can choose to have the star from the revealed objective count as another objective but since you can only record one star per category so it won’t be tracked on your triumph log.

Can you confirm this please? I can see how “any” sort of contradicts the rule of one per category per episode... especially if we already recorded stars prior to receiving rewards.

I really appreciate any feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Gray
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, you can place the star from the revealed objective anywhere that you haven't placed a star this episode. The "1 star max per column per episode" rule is absolute, so you may place the star from the revealed objective in any category, observing this rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven St. John
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One per category per episode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Crawford
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no special cases that override the limit of one star per column, per episode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lopez DeVinaspre
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just chiming in to say that everybody who replied here is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your comments. I thought it might have worked that way, but we were just hung up on the word “any” and I wanted to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls