Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Johnson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a query regarding pits; here is the rule from the manual:

'If your robot pushes another robot into a pit, that robot is destroyed, removing it from the arena. For this, take 1 VP token from the supply and put it on your monitor.'

So if I were to directly push an opponent's Robot into a pit, I'd gain 1 VP.

But, what if I indirectly push it into a pit? i.e. Robot A pushes Robot B which in turn pushes Robot C into the pit.

Would Robot A or Robot B score the point? Technically Robot B pushed it into the put, but Robot A took the action that lead to the situation.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reinhardt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
In your example, Robot A would score the VP. It is awarded because it was its action that was first to be the cause of the destruction of another robot, despite it being indirect.

Another scenario: Robot A drops a mine one square away from Robot C (who already has 2 damage.) Then Robot B (with 0 damage) moves onto the mine, exploding it and destroying Robot C.

I believe Robot A still gets the VP because the mine was the initial cause, and the action it took first (by dropping the mine) was the reason for Robot C's demise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Johnson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Bill :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Goslar
Germany
Miltenberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.kronberger-spiele.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill is correct, that is the way we are playing it.
But it is a legitimate question and we had many discussions how we can handle indirect effects in an easy way.

Example: I push another bot. Then B pushes the same bot. Then the bot moves himself into a pit. Shall I and B get a VP? No one is for me the better solution.

The same problem came up with the definition of suicide, when we first said that you don't receive a new module after suicide.

To say that you only receive a new module when another bot receives a VP for the killing is much easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Johnson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification Roland :-) Good to hear from the publishers themselves! Definitely put this one in the next time the FAQ gets updated, no doubt it will be asked again.

Can't wait for my copy to be delivered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Goslar
Germany
Miltenberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.kronberger-spiele.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our try to include it, was the example about the anchor on page 5, but a more general paragraph in the faq should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What if A is killed by B's mine and A's self-destruct immediately kills another bot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Goslar
Germany
Miltenberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.kronberger-spiele.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both get 1 VP.
B first, if both go for the win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Johnson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarifications Roland :-)

Hopefully new maps are in the pipeline for the future.

You want to sell me expansions for any game....new maps lol Tannhauser, Wildlands, Formula D, Downforce.....I'm starting to see a pattern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls