Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Wang
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We are about 7 games into the game (4-5 players) and the riverfolk has won 2 times. The rate was fair but we found out there is no solid way to stop or effectively slow down its scoring, albeit not bursting. Steadily, it would score at least 24-25 every game it is present (16-18 from trading posts and most of the rest from crafting with occational fews from bulldozing). Every other faction has its ups and downs. In our opinion it is a low-key but strong faction without a prominent way to counter or intimidate. Are you guys having similar/different thoughts? It seems the riverfolk faction is less covered in the discussions of faction strategic strength in the community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much are you buying from them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New strategy article has been written that talks about this, and most interestingly shows a timeline of scoring.

How many turns are your games?

And are you seeing similar results with the article?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tompy wrote:
New strategy article has been written that talks about this, and most interestingly shows a timeline of scoring.

Link?

Edit:

Do you mean this one?

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2145080/enemies-my-enem...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Wang
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
McChew wrote:
How much are you buying from them?

Generally the card service was 2 at the beginning and 3 in the mid/late stage of a game. We tried not to fund the otters too much and we also watch out for the protectionism. So about 2-3 payment each round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Wang
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tompy wrote:

We did not pay much attention to how many turns we played in each game.
But the burst ability covered by the other thread where its link was given previously shows me a different take on the otters. It says the otters are bursty in later stage of game; I did not see that in my prior games perhaps because of my limited experience. Nevertheless at the end of that article there are suggestions of how to inhibit the riverfolk faction. Good advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Stevens
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People should be attacking the Riverfolk warriors whenever they get a few built up in one location. If you are a Vagabond, the Riverfolk are excellent candidates for Infamy scoring, as attacking them won't create a power vacuum the Woodland Alliance can exploit as readily as many of the other factions. The reason I suggest this is that recruiting more dudes is really expensive for the Riverfolk (while actions are not), so making them spend more funds on recruiting means less for actions and crafting.

Beyond that, don't give them more then two warriors a turn in payment so they can't get all their trading posts down easily and craft their way to victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls