Victory in Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reiforcements and retreats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If reinforcements want to retreat rather than fight, do they suffer a step loss? (as they arrive on round 2 it is not technically the first round of combat, but it IS THEIR first round of combat. Could have sworn I read som ething about this in one of the earlier rule versions...couldn't find anything about this in rules version 1.3, though...

If so, does this also apply to reinforcing air and/or naval units that may HAVE to retreat because they may find themselves alone without any friendly army units (if these were previously eliminated).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marten Tjaart Raadsveld
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rules state clearly that units that retreating in Round 1 lose in step. So reinforcements arriving in round 2 and immediately retreating do not lose a step.

Air/naval units without ground support have to retreat at the end of battle (and do not lose a step in the process)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mtraadsveld1 wrote:
Rules state clearly that units that retreating in Round 1 lose in step. So reinforcements arriving in round 2 and immediately retreating do not lose a step.

Air/naval units without ground support have to retreat at the end of battle (and do not lose a step in the process)
It's written on the battle board I printed long ago from the files section here, so possibly an earlier rule version did say reinforcements retreating suffer a step loss. I also believe someone said something to this effect here on the forums, come to think of it. However, I agree. Currently the rules as written don't say anything like that, so that's how I'll be playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls