Roy Tan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there

I was playing solo today and gotten myself in a mess of not having enough Nogs after overcommitted in sagas. How do I get back my Nogs beside using Noggin?

Specifically, am I able to take Nogs on sagas cards and lose those potential points but have Nogs to use for future actions?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All together now, 'It's bad to run out of Nogs.'

You may only remove Nogs from completed Supply cards, but not from Saga cards in order to take an action (so not to stand on an Invention or Counting House card). If you do this you gain zero points for the Nogs you recover in this way.

See Standard Rules page 7- 5.0 Nog Actions (B);

B/ Remove 1 or more of their Nogs from a fulfilled Supply card on a Saga. Nogs can be taken from more than 1 Supply card if more than 1 Nog is required. These Nogs will not score points for the vacated Supply card when the Saga is completed. The empty Nog space on the Supply card may never be refilled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
laugh Came in here to post this exact quote. I still chuckle over Nick making that point several times during the HC stream. I make sure to make that point a couple of times when I teach the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Tan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:

You may only remove Nogs from completed Supply cards, but not from Saga cards in order to take an action (so not to stand on an Invention or Counting House card). If you do this you gain zero points for the Nogs you recover in this way.

See Standard Rules page 7- 5.0 Nog Actions (B);

B/ Remove 1 or more of their Nogs from a fulfilled Supply card on a Saga. Nogs can be taken from more than 1 Supply card if more than 1 Nog is required. These Nogs will not score points for the vacated Supply card when the Saga is completed. The empty Nog space on the Supply card may never be refilled.
Thanks for the clarification, very fun game though I screwed up by running out of Nogs.... shall not make the same mistake for the next run!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls