Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
When the game tells us to do something extra, how do we apply timing?

E.g. Investment event where I lose 3G to gain 6G 10 turns from now. When exactly on your turn do you gain the 6G? Maybe when you would normally gain/lose G in the resolution order of the economy step?

#64 Town affair. P's become opium addicted and we are told to roll a die (2+ recovery) for each during economy step. Do I make that roll along with the Homeless roll and "normal" roll at the top of the Economy step? If this is the case, then the opium addicted P's would have a chance to recover before their "absence" affected buildings being disabled. Does that make sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Backhouse
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, "when you would normally gain it" is a fine heuristic - but really this is one of those things you can houserule without affecting the game much. Note that as stated, "effects which last “until” a round last until the end of that round."

It doesn't matter when you make the addiction rolls (yes, they are separate from the round's single Economy roll) as long as you make them during the Economy step.

Not having enough P for buildings isn't something you can "get away with" until it's checked - if at any time you have inadequate P, buildings get disabled [per "If you lose P so that you have fewer P than buildings, the extra buildings (starting with the newest) are Disabled."].

So in this case, the buildings get disabled (if applicable) as soon as you circle the 4 addicts - they are being "lost" insofar as they no longer count as useful workers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Investement...

I was worried that I would gain the 6G at the top of the round and then an event would take it away.

Get away with...

What I meant was: Event hits, circle P's, buildings get disabled, oh no I have no food production, "decide" to roll for addicts at top of Economy phase...Addicts recover, now I have food for Economy phase production...as opposed to rolling for addicts at the end of the economy phase where there would be no chance to get disabled buildings working again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Backhouse
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh, right! That's a very good point. I will give it some thought. Again, "house-rule something sensible" is your lodestar here :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls