Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't actually need to know the answer while playing, but Minh was in a position with the right card and enemy that I'm curious what would have happened if she had played it, especially in light of the Golden Rule:

Quote:
If the text of a card directly contradicts the text of either the Rules Reference or the Learn to Play book, the text of the card takes precedence.
Spoilers for Shattered Aeons:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Minh had Close Call in her hand and moved to Ruins of New York, which has the following effect:
Quote:
Put the top card of the lead investigator's deck into play at this location, facedown. Treat [this card as a] Flying Polyp enem[y] with 2 fight, 2 health, 2 evade, 1 damage, and the Monster trait.
What would happen if she had evaded the Flying Polyp and then played Close Call?

I skimmed the rules reference but couldn't find a rule that states that you can't mix player cards into the encounter deck, although I assume there's something to that effect there somewhere. Presumably, the card would have gone to the player's discard pile, but by the Golden Rule, the instructions on the cards take precedence.

Not relevant to the question, but the reason Minh had Close Call in her deck was that she was partnered with Finn, who was obviously evading enemies all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Moore
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Close Call would essentially not do anything as a card can't return to a different deck. I don't have a rules reference with me to find a specific rule citing that, but I believe that's the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smoorecrux wrote:
I believe Close Call would essentially not do anything as a card can't return to a different deck. I don't have a rules reference with me to find a specific rule citing that, but I believe that's the case.
That's what I was looking for too, but I could only find the following:
Quote:
Any time a card is discarded, it is placed faceup on top of its owner's discard pile. Encounter cards are owned by the encounter deck.
But ... the Golden Rule wins over this. Maybe I just want to find a way for a player card to end up in the encounter deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls