Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladimir Popa-Nimigean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey guys. I was thinking of making a scenario for 3 players:
1. infernal player - pretty classic
2. 3x condemned brutes: the story is that they were here for a previous expedition, killed their group leader and stole a special relic; they are trying to escape with the relic and use it to buy their freedom
3. 3x non-condemned warriors: they are going down in the catacombs to find the relic and potentially kill any traitors. their win condition is to get the relic from the other group and then escape with it.

If the player holding the relic is killed, they drop the relic and another non-infernal player can pick it up. The infernal player wins if the other players fail to retrieve the relic or are killed.
I have no idea how balanced this might be, I was looking for any feedback people might have about this (to balance it off between the human player, give the infernal enough power to potentially hold back both players, but not too OP so that they can completely obliterate any one player if they choose).

Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dsco bee
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
BGG CULTIST
badge
BGG CULTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG! Cool idea, I like it - this game just begs to be modded and customised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea it might need some sort of time limit applied otherwise the Human players could just fight the Infernal player forever, with no one winning or losing, although I guess the Humans would lose lives eventually, even if very slowly.

On balancing;

vladipn wrote:
(to balance it off between the human player, give the infernal enough power to potentially hold back both players, but not too OP so that they can completely obliterate any one player if they choose).
I would kind of suggest you want the opposite of this; the Infernal player could destroy 1 player, but struggle against both. The reasons for this are:

Easier balancing - Trying to balance something to be good against two but not against one is tricky. You could go for more small units so it's number over power, but there's only 11 trogs in the game and it's not too hard to get them all out as it is, so offering free trogs might prove redundant eventually.

Human Inter-play - You can add an extra element to the game play where the Human players know they need to team up for at least some of the game so that either of them have a chance of winning. When to turn on the other Human player is a fun decision point.

Give the Infernal player a chance to win - Further to the above point, if the Humans get the balance of teamwork vs relic hunting wrong, the Infernal player should be able to capitalise on this. If one Human player just watches the other get slaughtered, that's on them and they'll need to be prepare to fight the Infernal player alone (and probably die).

The challenge lies in making it balanced in such a way that the Infernal player still has a chance to win against both Human players teaming up throughout the game, and that a single Human player still has a chance to escape against the Infernal player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Popa-Nimigean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you! These are all good ideas. I'll test it out in different formations and post an update about it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Hubka
Czech Republic
Nové Město nad Metují
Královehradecký
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And what about editing existing scenario?
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/511527/new-3-player-scenari...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Popa-Nimigean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This looks interesting, I'll have a look, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G M
United States
flag msg tools
mb
77endymion77 wrote:
Is there a way to have this apply to the 1643 version of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls