4 Posts

Risk: Game of Thrones» Forums » Variants

Subject: New Game Mode? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antius Avurno
Italy
flag msg tools
Hi everyone, i'm new in this website, so please forgive me if i do wrong things . So, i play Risk:GoT a lot with my group of friends. We think Dominion mode need an upgrade. Victory Points make games, slower and more boring. So, we invented a new Game Mode: Sete di Potere (idk how to translate this in English). Basically is Skirmish, but with all Dominio mode's extras (Fortress, Special Units and Maester Cards). Your objective is to conquer territories, and you win if you have the highest score between the other player (Like Skirmish).

The North should divide in two areas: Stark (left and south of Winterfell) and Bolton (North and East of Winterfell). Stark's region gain you 4 extras armies and 400 gold, while 3 armies and 300 Gold if you control Bolton's region. So the REAL King in the North, the player who control the entire North, gain 7 armies and 700 Gold.

Targaryen's Seat of power is Dragonstone, while Baratheon's one is Storm's End.

I ask you to forgive me for my grammatical mistakes (I'm Italian) and i ask you to try this game mode, and comment this post so we can improve it together! One day, i'll post my new cards (Arryn, Greyjoy, Bolton, Tully, White Walkers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross T
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We play a similar hybrid of skirmish mode with some of the best features of dominion mode added. Good to see you have created a cool expanded version of the game. I'm curious as to what you use as playing pieces for the other houses?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antius Avurno
Italy
flag msg tools
Hi man, i use some pieces from other Risk. It's not the same pieces, but whatever, at least allows you to play with a larger group of friends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bohonko
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I picked up a copy of Risk europe and use the miniatures from that their much more appropriate, it would be nice if someone with design experience could do a version of Risk Europe with the Game of thrones theme and board though that would be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls