Popular Tags: [View All]
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
designer
mb
It‘s been awhile since i‘ve played this, so i‘m certainly missing something:

At the start of the great campaign the West‘s chosen active card is card #1, but it cannot receive the printed replacements as there is no partisan base in France (as per 1.3.4 Minor country)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Feldmann
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do you see that they need a partisan base to get the conditional reinforcement?

If France is a Policy Affected Country (Locarno, Guarantees, Appeasement, etc) you get a French infantry step. France and Britain start the full campaign game in Appeasement, and it would be very hard to change that in the first couple of turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Feldmann
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wait, I guess you think they can only place a replacement on a partisan base?

The first bullet of 1.3.4 for replacement locations says:
"A non-colonial unit can be placed in a Home Country City hex"

Fifth bullet says:
"A French colonial unit must be placed in a City under friendly control in any French Dependent"

So can place a regular French step in any city in France, or a French colonial step in any controlled city in a French dependent. (As long as the city is not occupied by enemy units, logistic markers or support units, of course)

You could also place a regular French step on a supplied French HQ unit that is inside France, or on a partisan base in France, if you had one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Watson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just about to respond similarly. Allied card #1 reads:

Change of Governments

Conditional Events Segment
If France is a Policy Affects Country, receive: France: 1 infantry step

So, no requirement for a partisan base; just place a French step in the conditional events segment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Beck
Germany
Passau
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Thanks, i seem to just have focused on the bullet point concerning minor countries and thought the other general ones only applied to the major ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls