Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Viticulture Essential Edition» Forums » General

Subject: From nothing to everything rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Baskeyfield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I do not currently own Viticulture but if I wanted to own the full game and expansions, is it the following that I'd need to purchase?...

- Viticulture Essential Edition
- Tuscany Essential Edition
- Moor Visitors
- Rhine Valley

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giannis Tilias
Greece
Thessaloniki
EVOSMOS
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeap...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Bunch
United States
Massapequa
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you want to metal coins which I highly recommend. Or you could also pick up the meeple source special viticulture meeples.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Nakauye
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Having all the expansions is nice but you can’t mix them all together. For example Rhine has you swap some decks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mcgamin

Arizona
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get the base game and Tuscany you will have PLENTY of viticulture. The card expansions are great but by no means essential, especially if you haven't played the game a lot already.

If you really want it all though, don't forget about Arboriculture and Formaggio!

https://www.printplaygames.com/product/arboriculture-and-for...

Fun for variety but I would put this as the lowest priority expansion.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I first bought and played:
- Viticulture Essential Edition

Then I purchased and played with:
- Moor Visitors

Then I purchased and now play with MV plus:
- Tuscany Essential Edition (with some special worker promos)

I have purchased, but haven't played with:
- Rhine Valley

It has been absolutely fantastic at every stage, but just about as good a game as you'll find with V:EE + MV + T:EE. I look forward to experiencing the game with RV, but am in no rush. Just such a good game.

Btw, I don't own formaggio, arboricultre, the metal coins, nor the full meeple set for the special workers. T:EE comes with a perfectly functional way to identify the special workers. The metal coins would no doubt be cool, but you know...$$$. And I currently have all of my Viticulture stuff in the V:EE box using the original insert.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gerac
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Honestly, I would just start with Viticutlure EE and Tuscany EE. That’s is PLENTY to keep you happy and have a great time. If you eventually get bored and need more then go with the rest. Just my opinion though.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
Belleville
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Baskey wrote:
I do not currently own Viticulture but if I wanted to own the full game and expansions, is it the following that I'd need to purchase?...

- Viticulture Essential Edition
- Tuscany Essential Edition
- Moor Visitors
- Rhine Valley

Thanks!

There is also a Special Workers expansion for Tuscany.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy D
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Base game + Tuscany EE + coins should be more than enough to get going!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Serrano
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
EricHogue wrote:
Baskey wrote:
I do not currently own Viticulture but if I wanted to own the full game and expansions, is it the following that I'd need to purchase?...

- Viticulture Essential Edition
- Tuscany Essential Edition
- Moor Visitors
- Rhine Valley

Thanks!

There is also a Special Workers expansion for Tuscany.

That is just a promo pack, not an expansion
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jrg6504 wrote:
Honestly, I would just start with Viticutlure EE and Tuscany EE. That’s is PLENTY to keep you happy and have a great time. If you eventually get bored and need more then go with the rest. Just my opinion though.
This. There's lots of game in those two alone.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JoeAubrey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
in more boxes
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Caixaa wrote:
EricHogue wrote:
Baskey wrote:
I do not currently own Viticulture but if I wanted to own the full game and expansions, is it the following that I'd need to purchase?...

- Viticulture Essential Edition
- Tuscany Essential Edition
- Moor Visitors
- Rhine Valley

Thanks!

There is also a Special Workers expansion for Tuscany.

That is just a promo pack, not an expansion
I don't want to get pedantic, especially since this is about something that I'd recommend a first timer purchasing LAST (Special Workers is the Tuscany Essential Edition module we use the least often). But The Special Workers Promo cards we're talking about add additional Special Workers roles with completely different abilities than what comes with base Tuscany. By the definition of BGG, it is an expansion.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fields
United States
Marinette
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
invervegas wrote:
Base game + Tuscany EE + coins should be more than enough to get going!

TOTALLY agree. I did the same, and bought Moor Visitors a year and a half later. I have a TON of variability.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fell
United States
East Patchogue
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Baskey wrote:
I do not currently own Viticulture but if I wanted to own the full game and expansions, is it the following that I'd need to purchase?...

- Viticulture Essential Edition
- Tuscany Essential Edition
- Moor Visitors
- Rhine Valley

Thanks!

Plus Viticulture Coins
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Baskeyfield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for all your comments. I was about to take the plunge but before I do, I’ve realised I’d better check how this game is with 2 players? (It will mostly be my wife and I who play it!)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mcgamin

Arizona
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Baskey wrote:
Thank you for all your comments. I was about to take the plunge but before I do, I’ve realised I’d better check how this game is with 2 players? (It will mostly be my wife and I who play it!)

It's great with 2! And it scales nicely by opening up more placement locations. There really aren't any wonky two player rules like dummy players.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Baskeyfield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls