zeker
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To quote from the rule book:

"Upon reaching a new Era, each player removes one Lock Token from their Player Board, if able. If you cannot remove a Lock Token because you have already removed them all, instead add an Indicator Cube to a space ..."

You start with 5 lock tokens on your player board. After three eras you will have removed two of them (one at the end of the first era and one at the end of the second). So that will leave three lock tokens on your player board.

How else can you remove lock tokens? There are no action tiles, hometown powers, city powers, or card rewards that let you remove locks (as far as I know). But obviously there must be a way to do it as the rules contemplate not only removing the three that I mention above, but going even further than that.

So what other ways are there to remove lock tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There are in fact card powers which allow you to remove them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zeker
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, then I must be reading them wrong, is it the symbol on the shrine and the training grounds? I thought those just took a cube off of a card or hometown you had placed it on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes. Shrine and training grounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
zeker wrote:
Ok, then I must be reading them wrong, is it the symbol on the shrine and the training grounds? I thought those just took a cube off of a card or hometown you had placed it on?
The cubes were used as locks on the time track in the Spielworxx edition. Thus the card function also shows a cube and arrow. In the TMG edition there are lock tokens instead of cubes on your time track and therefore on the cards are lock Symbols, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zeker
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks for the response

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Dawson
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when I play a card that removes a Lock token and I have already no Locks on my board?
Do I get a cube as a compensation or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you get one