C Y
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
There are action cards which allow you to search decks to assign a leader to a mission.

If you assign one leader to that mission eg one with 3 influence yellow symbols and THE LEADER IN THE ACTION CARD doesn’t have the requirements, can you THEN assign another leader eg Mon Mothma to that card, so that it qualifies with two leaders to make the requirements.

Same with imperials. If you are assigning someone to a card with an action card in the ASSIGNMENT PHASE, can you then apply another leader who does have the spec ops requirement?

Sub question: can you assign a leader to a mission card that DOES NOT MEET THE MISSION VALUES of any category as long as you assign another that does?
Eg can I use RULE by fear with Emperor Palpatine and Boba Fett?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. I believe this was covered in the Errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify:

You can assign any 1 or 2 leaders to a mission.

To reveal a mission in the command phase, you need to meet the requirement of the mission. For example, if the mission is 3 red fist, then the leader(s) combined need to have at least 3 red fists.
This means, you can always assign anyone to anything, but you can only reveal if requirements are met.

The above, in combination with cards in assignment phase.
When you use a leader action card in assignment phase, the phase does not end untill you say it is. So you can go on along with arranging/rearranging your leaders as you see fit.
For example, you can use Leia's leader action card to seek the yoda mission and assign her to it. Then also assign Luke to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Y
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Does the same rule apply to assigning two leaders if using admiral Ozzle’s action card?

Also can someone clarify why?

My explanation for this being ok is:

1. The cards do not state that you can ONLY use this leader and no others
2. The rules state that combined that the leaders must meet the card’s requirement for whichever category is stated on the card eg 2 spec ops
3. One can also activate a system without moving units there also strengthening a mission and two leaders are allowed so why shouldn’t another tag along if they want to (player) even if that leader adds no value to the mission.
4. One must adhere to the printed rules unless another card states so eg some resolve cards allow you to remove a sabotage marker or place units on a build queue ignoring a sabotage marker being present.

Is the above correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
carlosyabrudy wrote:
Does the same rule apply to assigning two leaders if using admiral Ozzle’s action card?

Also can someone clarify why?

My explanation for this being ok is:

1. The cards do not state that you can ONLY use this leader and no others
2. The rules state that combined that the leaders must meet the card’s requirement for whichever category is stated on the card eg 2 spec ops
3. One can also activate a system without moving units there also strengthening a mission and two leaders are allowed so why shouldn’t another tag along if they want to (player) even if that leader adds no value to the mission.
4. One must adhere to the printed rules unless another card states so eg some resolve cards allow you to remove a sabotage marker or place units on a build queue ignoring a sabotage marker being present.

Is the above correct?
1:
Using a leader action card is something else then assigning a leade or leaders to missions.

If you use leias mission you do it with Leia, not with Leia and Luke. After your done you have assigned Leia to a mission. Now Carry on with assignment and you can assign another leader to that mission.

Same for ozzel (project card one). But not with ozzels surprise card. He can only activate and probably attack (in assignment phase) before rebels first turn on hos own. After Carry on with assignment.

2: correct.

3: you can activate any system with a leader. Moving units is options. There can be more reasons to do that. Note that a leader without tactics cannot move units.

4: correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon Mercado
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Related/Unrelated question. Once a leader is assigned to a mission, can it be use to oppose (and thus forfeiting "revealing the mission")? I think I've seen this on some 'play through' videos, but the rules doesn't mention it and suggest otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rmercado wrote:
Related/Unrelated question. Once a leader is assigned to a mission, can it be use to oppose (and thus forfeiting "revealing the mission")? I think I've seen this on some 'play through' videos, but the rules doesn't mention it and suggest otherwise.
This is not allowed, however there is one exception. The Subversion mission is specifically designed to oppose missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arontje wrote:

3: you can activate any system with a leader. Moving units is options. There can be more reasons to do that. Note that a leader without tactics cannot move units.

A leader without tactics cannot activate a system at all, even if the intent is to move no units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
Arontje wrote:

A leader without tactics cannot activate a system at all, even if the intent is to move no units.
They can be used to lead a retreat though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcial

São Paulo
São Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nicktenny wrote:
Hi,
This is in the Official Original Rules, "You can assign up to leaders to a mission".
Good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Marcial wrote:
nicktenny wrote:
Hi,
This is in the Official Original Rules, "You can assign up to leaders to a mission".
Good game.
But it was clarified for action cards in the errata.

Here's the excerpt:

QQ: When a mission or action card allows a player to assign a
leader to a mission, can he also assign a second leader to
the mission from his leader pool?
AA: A player may assign a second leader if the ability is used during
the Assignment Phase (for example, the “Our Most Desperate
Hour” action card). If the ability is used during the Command
Phase, the player cannot assign an additional leader at that
time (for example, the “Contingency Plan” mission card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls