Brave Little Belgium» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you "advance" after a siege? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frankie Bones
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have a stack of 8 units that just destroyed a fort during a siege, can they then advance if they meet all of the requirements for "advancing" after combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BrokenAxe wrote:
If I have a stack of 8 units that just destroyed a fort during a siege, can they then advance if they meet all of the requirements for "advancing" after combat?
Ryan or Dave will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that yes, that is the case. However, as each "step" of the Fort counts as a "unit" for stacking purposes, you would need to be attacking a one-step fort with no other defending units for this to work (otherwise, you wouldn't be fulfilling the "five or more times" requirement). Which is to say that while it's possible, I think it's highly unlikely that those stars are going to align.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Heilman
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom is correct in his analysis. I personally have never seen it happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankie Bones
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. It actually happened. I had a one step fort against a stack of German units. This was the remnants of the previous battle in this siege.

The turn track advanced and I drew the German army again that was laying siege to the fort.

The fort rolled a hit on the Germans so I could not advance but it prompted me to think as to whether it was allowed if the fort did not score a hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Griffith
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually had this happen last night as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls