Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This art captivates me, and the title makes a statement. At first glance I thought it may have connections to J.G Ballards High Rise story, but on closer inspection it appears not.

This begs the question: just what is the story of this theme? I've checked the blurb both here and on the Kickstarter and it doesn't appear to have one, yet the artwork suggests a hint of scifi futurism.

I think they are missing a trick in not fleshing out the world to compliment this fantastic artwork. Maybe it's in progess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Guigue
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you have this stor(e)y: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Secrest
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVE storytelling in tabletop games, especially emergent narratives! When players create a unique story through their game decisions, it just doesn’t get better than that for me! More subtle elements: illustration, graphic art, titles, flavor text etc. also provide a nice narrative context for player’s actions and game situations.

I do not care as much for blocks of text that dictate a fixed story that has little or no relation to player decisions.

I need to familiarize myself with Ballard’s story but I can imagine Gil’s High Rise being set in Earth’s future where off world colonization and resource acquisition allows for the next phase of vertical construction - mega cities and their block sized mega high rise buildings. The ultra plastic could be produced in orbital factories, taking advantage of the zero G environment OR could be the result of alien technology attained through trade negotiations?

Of course some adjustments would need to be made. I can imagine some new future-theme appropriate titles for some tenants. Embassies to the alien civilizations Earth has made contact with? Intergalactic trade federations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls