Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Uherske
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I pretty much had my way all evening, first inducing the group to play Traumfabrik and then, after Ron had to leave, convincing Ben and Ed to learn Bazaar. I knew they'd pick up the rules quickly, and I also anticipated that each of them would take quickly to the game.

I'd read the rules earlier in the day, and had looked at a couple of the "equation" sheets. Apparently I hadn't looked at representative ones; the ones I'd seen had no 1-for-4 trades on them, 1-for-3 at most. So I wrongly concluded that making the biggest gem-multiplying trades was the most efficient way to win. When the game started, and I found myself with the chance, and I began making zillions of 1-for-4 trades, sure enough, I found myself with many stones that I could easily convert into the target combinations, but I repeatedy had 3 or more stones left over, reducing my scores.

I made the first few trades like that, soon followed by a couple of scores by Ben. Ed seemed to be hoarding gems for a while, but ultimately traded his way into a tie with us, and the score stood 3 to 3 to 3 after the first couple of trades.

Then my tendency to hoard-and-trade really started to kick in. I kept buying cards with several gems left over, resulting in small point totals for me, but frequently taking points away from Ben just as he was about to get them. (I wonder, does Bazaar have a "ruin the player on your left" issue? I hope not; it seems that you should be able to anticipate your opponents' purchases on both sides of you.)

Generally, I bought most aggressively, paying least heed to points. Ed was the opposite, being most likely to trade with no gems left over. Ben was extremely patient, rolling the die more than anyone, making the fewest trades.

It's a short game; would have been even shorter if we'd moved more quickly.

Chuck 14
Ed 9
Ben 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.