Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Western Legends» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I cash in the Fool's gold card at the bank over my gold carrying limit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
I had an upgraded mule, 6 gold and a Fool's gold card. I cashed in 7 gold. Did I play it right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles94
France
flag msg tools
mb
I would say Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Freiler
Denmark
Albertslund
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can do that, but why would you?
You can only ever hold $120 in your wallet, and each gold gives you $20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dawes
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say "Yes..But". You could only receive $120 instead of $140 as you can only hold a maximum of $120 in the game - save your Fools Gold for later.

Beaten to it by 1 minute!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
Why do it? To get a lot of LPs fast for winning
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Freiler
Denmark
Albertslund
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I suppose that makes sense whistle

But I would probably still wait for another turn, and spend the extra hard earned cash on laaaadiiies at the Cabaret, instead of losing the $20
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter McWilliams
msg tools
You gain 1 LP for each gold nugget!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FREILER wrote:

But I would probably still wait for another turn, and spend the extra hard earned cash on laaaadiiies at the Cabaret, instead of losing the $20
Action efficiency is more important than $20 (which you could make at the start of a future turn if you wanted to anyway). I'd rather have the LP than wait around for a convenient opportunity to deliver the card. It's not like you can just wait a turn. You need to move out of the bank to somewhere where you can spend the money. Use another action to spend it and a third to come back to the bank. Doing all this to not wast $20 seem foolishly inefficient to me. I could make that much money by just using 2 actions to work twice instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Dudás
Hungary
flag msg tools
negatrev wrote:
FREILER wrote:

Action efficiency is more important than $20 (which you could make at the start of a future turn if you wanted to anyway). I'd rather have the LP than wait around for a convenient opportunity to deliver the card. It's not like you can just wait a turn. You need to move out of the bank to somewhere where you can spend the money. Use another action to spend it and a third to come back to the bank. Doing all this to not wast $20 seem foolishly inefficient to me. I could make that much money by just using 2 actions to work twice instead.
Agreed. Not to mention that going back to the bank to deposit just that one card is also inefficient. It takes even more actions to get to a position again to be worth using.

Also 7 LP in one action can be huge to trigger end game. Lets say you are around 13-14 LP in a 15 LP game. Pushing it over with 7 LP is quite nice.
In out last game thats kinda how it happened. Mule with 6 nuggets and 2 fool's gold cards. 8LP in one action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rickard
Sweden
Växjö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Spike225BGG wrote:
Also 7 LP in one action can be huge to trigger end game.
Can you really do that in one action? Given the cash limit, doesn't that make it impossible to play the card and cashing in all the money in one action?

Keep in mind that I'm not that familiar with the rules yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tronin wrote:
Spike225BGG wrote:
Also 7 LP in one action can be huge to trigger end game.
Can you really do that in one action? Given the cash limit, doesn't that make it impossible to play the card and cashing in all the money in one action?
You would gain the LP, but not all the money.

Even if you have $120 in your pocket, you can still perform actions that gives you money. It's just that anything above $120 in your pocket will immediatly go back to the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls