Peter Boomsma
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
We played a game yesterday and I noticed the Targaryens didn't have any siege engines. I've also noticed certain other discrepancies between units from other houses. I couldn't find anything in the rulebook about this. So am I missing certain units? Or is based on theme? How would the Targaryens use siege engines?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Kostin
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alucardu wrote:
We played a game yesterday and I noticed the Targaryens didn't have any siege engines. I've also noticed certain other discrepancies between units from other houses. I couldn't find anything in the rulebook about this. So am I missing certain units? Or is based on theme? How would the Targaryens use siege engines?
It is based on theme:
Targarens have 6 knights, 8 footmen, 8 ships, 3 dragons, 0 siege engines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Boomsma
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
I just scanned the rulebook but can't find a rule reference this, could you provide it? Should all other houses have the same amount of units?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Kostin
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alucardu wrote:
I just scanned the rulebook but can't find a rule reference this, could you provide it? Should all other houses have the same amount of units?
Well, rules state that this add-on has 48 plastic figures. Guys that made unboxing said that Arryn has same unit limit as other Westerosi Houses. That is 10 footmen, 5 knights, 6 ships, 2 SEs = 23 in total. Therefore Targaryen should have 25. 3 dragons + 22 other figures. All photos state that this is 8 footmen + 6 knights + 8 ships = 22 figures. With no place left for siege engines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fajeth Fajethsson
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The dragons are sort of the SE of the Targaryens. Only they fly. and spit fire. and defend themselves. But at least they grow slow, right? Unless that damn Westeros IV card comes up and they eat the smallest one.

Forget what I said, Dragons are nothing like SEs ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls