4 Posts

Dawn of Peacemakers» Forums » General

Subject: Playing with an 8 year old? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Jones
msg tools
mbmb
My girl really like the characters but I wonder if she it too young to play. We played pandemic together, but I don’t know about this one. Did anyone played with kids? Is it a good fit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, obviously depends on the child, but if she's into the characters, why not. Just play with the co-op agendas, and you'll be fine. It's a co-op after all, you can play with open hands and discuss the moves as much as you want. There's nothing unpleasant in the content, and when reading the background, you can filter it as you see fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I would say that the worst of it is the killing to prevent a war, but you can tone that down or recolor it however you are clever enough to.

Example: When playing Emerald with 5-year-olds (the mechanism is primarily Mancala, so no problem with the difficulty), rather than saying that the mama dragon killed the knights, we said she made them babysit the hatchling dragons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam SoloGamer
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my point of view, I would not try so young because this game needs a mid/long term strategy and I'm afraid it could be complicated with a 8 years old child and she could be quickly lost and disappointed (as coop I would more advise Mice & Mystics at this age if she's fond of the minis of Dawn of Peacemakers).
But as written above, it depends on the child.

And if Dawn of Peacemakers works fine with her I'm interested to know it because I will then try with one of my daugter (who will be 8 later this year).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls